Bing to become more 'siri' like.

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
According to this report on the verge, The Bing operating system: Microsoft bets on deep search integration to beat Google | The Verge Microsoft is going to be overhauling their search service Bing to be more like Siri and Google Now.

It says that with Windows blue, Bing will be the name for the default search for all things, including web but also apps, files, settings etc. Think of it as replacing the search charm.

Hopefully this means that when we hit the Bing Search capacitive button, we will be able to search through files, apps on our phones with one tap.

In addition to the integrated search capacities, they will also introduce new voice search commands. I'm thinking 'Bing Voice' to replace the currect speech service on WP8.

An interesting quote is: '"Ultimately I want people to walk into a store and say 'listen I want that Surface tablet or I want this Lenovo tablet' because its got that Bing thing on, that service where it just knows **** and tells me **** when I need it," says Sohn.'

Looks like Microsoft are taking Bing to a whole new level to compete with Google and Siri with Windows Blue.

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
i dont think Siri is competition at all...

its locked to iOS so nobody can use Siri on Computers or anywhere else. Siri looks good, i tried it once and gave good results. Google Voice is terrible though, i use it on my WP and it never gives me the results i want.

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter if Siri or Google voice aren't perfect. It's the fact that there is no native service on WP8 that does what Siri and Google Now does. We have to install third party apps like Maluuba. The service needs to be built in.

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of these rumours, Microsoft has promised a lot of things.

All i see these days are,rumours, nothing actually has come out, hopefully this news is legit.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Google Now is not cross-platform, just like Siri isn't. If Bing Voice can become cross-platform by making iOS/Android apps that will be huge.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Google Now is not cross-platform, just like Siri isn't. If Bing Voice can become cross-platform by making iOS/Android apps that will be huge.

Just waiting on approval from Apple. It'll be cross platform.

Google Voice on WP is nothing compared to GV on Android or Google Search on iOS. Worlds apart.

I must say Microsoft has been doing voice for a very very long time, and they do a great job of it. They just have to implement it more and better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3