Does Microsoft do app refunds?

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm so annoyed by how much games and a few apps that has lost support for WP8 or the WP platform in general. I'm talking about this:

so38mc.png

and

34hj2g5.png

Ok, so can anyone please tell me some sort of highlight why Microsoft doesn't do app refunds? I'm really pissed, what the F happened? Apps like Carbon, which cost me 1.99, could've bought me 2 new .99 game titles if Microsoft were to do an app refund. And talk about games, as most games like Orbital, Contract Killer, Tentacles, and Glow Artisan are not compatible with WP8. And games that has been pulled from the Store like Doodle Jump (DOODLE JUMP!!!!) won't even install even when installing from SD because they're not available in store. It's not that I want to refund these games as I like them adding up to my Gamerscore (that's why I bought them in the first place). What I want to refund are the apps, and hopefully an update for those games/apps that aren't WP8 compatible.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got reimbursed for all of my purchases that are no longer in the market place.

I went to Xbox support chat on Xbox.com. I explained the situation of the apps no longer being published and they happily reimbursed me in Xbox points.

They were suppose to refund me using the form of payment I used. I used throw away debit cards for my purchases, so that was my situation.

They have to see those purchases in your account.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate the help, will try going to WP support first because that's their department, although Xbox support is closer to billing situations.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
They were able to refund only two apps (Angry Birds Star Wars and Angry Birds Space) out of 8. I figured because these apps are not Xbox Live enabled and the publisher is still in Store available to contact for refund, and the previous ones like Carbon or the developer of Doodle Jump are no longer in Store, and the other games were Xbox Live titles which are distributed under Xbox branding and does not do refunds.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You should talked to someone else then, I got reimbursed for over $30 bucks of apps that were no longer in the store, including music. NONE of mine were Xbox live.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte