Outlook.com Contacts Management, What a Mess

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
There is something to be said for just keeping accounts separate and let you different calendars be merged via windows phone software. My personal account is outlook and my business account is Gmail. All events from both accounts sync perfectly with my phone. For some dumb reason, the windows 8.1 app doesn't not work with non-Microsoft accounts.

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
QAAF,

I feel your pain man. Windows contacts and calendar syncing might be the worst in the world.
I finally gave up and added my Gmail in accounts and told it to sync contacts. Outlook.com and Microsoft Outlook from Office 365 ( mac and windows 8 version) are both useless as hell.

You have to ignore douchbags like Ammarmalik2011

I have tried everything. Even going into outlook.com and manually adding contacts wouldn't sync to the phone.
So, I tried Microsoft Outlook from Office 365 using both Mac and PC versions on the latest software. That was even more useless.
Even if I added a contact on Office 365 on the mac side, it wouldn't even sync it to the same Office 365 using the Same outlook.com email account.
Outlook from Office is the worst program I have ever used. It was supposed to be windows area for contacts, calendar, notes etc, but its a worthless pile of poo basically.
I see why so many people are switching to macs. I have a Mac but I also have Windows 8.1 installed on a partition I can boot into when needed.

My Nokia 1520 had AT&T address book app installed, but it would just simply crash after trying to open it. another useless app.
I know people leave android and iPhone for windows phone for whatever reason, but I finally just gave up and used google to do all my contacts and calendar.
Great part about WP 8.1 is when I installed my icloud.com email, it did give me an option to import the contacts from my icloud acct. Worked perfect and I can edit them on the mac or online and it syncs with the phone.

Microsoft needs to copy iCloud from start to finish because obviously they have NO clue how to handle account syncing.

Wish I had a better answer or was more helpful, but as much as I love WP8.1 microsoft still needs to pull their heads out of their arses and fix crap as simply as syncing things across multiple platforms.

Goodluck.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
QAAF,

Outlook from Office is the worst program I have ever used. It was supposed to be .
Great part about WP 8.1 is when I installed my icloud.com email, it did give me an option to import the contacts from my icloud acct. Worked perfect and I can edit them on the mac or online and it syncs with the phone.

Microsoft needs to copy iCloud from start to finish because obviously they have NO clue how to handle account syncing.

Goodluck.

Wow this is great information regarding the iCloud contacts! Now does iCloud contacts sync with the people hub in windows 8.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is great information regarding the iCloud contacts! Now does iCloud contacts sync with the people hub in windows 8.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I don't know. I find the people hub confusing, for lack of a better word. It's like an address book or contacts with a social aspect added.
I don't use the people hub much at all. It's another area I feel that microsoft missed the boat.
I get the idea of it, but it doesn't pull it off in the end. Syncing mutiple accounts and tying them together propery should have been a number one priorty at MS since they obviously must know that right now, it's a complete mess.
I don't remember anything syncing properly with people hub. I even names that were identical had to be manually "linked" in the people hub.
I actually stopped syncing contacts from facebook to the Nokia 1520 because the phone wasn't smart enough to tie them together and it was too much work linking every single contact to another service like iCloud, gmail and facebook.
It would have been great to have used Outlook to tie all that together for me, but as I mention, outlook is horrible. Hate the program with a passion.

I really love WP 8.1 and the Nokia 1520 is an awesome device, but I returned the 1520 and went back to an iPhone and LG G2.

I have been excited for WP in general since release. I bought my wife the very first WP ever released. (can't remember the name of it but it had a physical slide out keyboard) Then I bought her the HTC Titan, and she is now on a Nokia 1520.

The OS just isn't ready for me yet. After being spoiled with easy of syncing everything via Apple, iCloud and gmail and Android, I just get frustrated with WP right now.
I will be back. I may have to wait for WP 8.2 or 9.0 or whatever. Maybe by then, Microsoft will fix their syncing issues and I can move to WP permanently.
Until they fix quite a few things in that area, I will just have to watch from the outside.

I still get to play around with the wifes 1520, so I still get to mess with Wp and 8.1 a little, when she lets me touch her phone.

Peter Nowell

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello
1- many emails come back as deliverable. I resend them with Gmail or my ISP mail and they do go through.
2-when I click on to Outlook.com, I have to click the big logo to see my folders or in box .
I wrote to feedback to no avail.

I know they are undergoing change like transitioning Hotmail etc. to Outlook.
However, email can be vital to a party and there are limits where performance is inexcusable. I am going to ride out the storm for a week or two and if it is not running effectively I will move on.
Then here is,"You get what you pay for."

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello
1- many emails come back as deliverable. I resend them with Gmail or my ISP mail and they do go through.
2-when I click on to Outlook.com, I have to click the big logo to see my folders or in box .
I wrote to feedback to no avail.

I know they are undergoing change like transitioning Hotmail etc. to Outlook.
However, email can be vital to a party and there are limits where performance is inexcusable. I am going to ride out the storm for a week or two and if it is not running effectively I will move on.
Then here is,"You get what you pay for."
Outlook is bad, but combining outlook with skype was the death knoll for me. Skype in outlook permanently broke Cortana for me....no more announcing callers. I knew I never should have tried it.

On the plus side I got my windows phone on the cheap, and after a couple of years of use it was easy to move on ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786