- 05-13-2013, 10:07 AM #1
I've looked around and I couldn't find a thread discussing this. Please point me in the right direction if I'm late to the party.
So WPcentral posted this awesome concept 2 days ago:
A stunning Windows Phone concept: The Surface N | Windows Phone Central
All the futuristic and currently unrealistic hardware functions aside (although extremely cool) I think the video shows a lot of very cool and usable software functions that would do much good for WP. As I see them:
1. The actual screen goes all the way to the edge without black edges (unless when in the menu of course). Looks very cool. Why haven't this been done before? (0.30) and (0.43) (I realize this is a hardware feature, but it's not futuristic like the other's, I think).
2. Very active live tiles. It depends on the tiles of course but it looks nice. Kinda looks like the HTC Sense Zoe's I think. (0.35)
3. Swipe left for Information Center which contains a lot of cool stuff and easy access. (0.40)
4. App folders in the App Menu - a feature to organize the apps in the App Menu (0.50)
5. All colours to choose from for the Tile's. (1.18)
I think these are 5 doable and very cool features. While some are just for cool-factor, others are really needed in WP.
What do you think?
- 05-13-2013, 10:25 AM #2
Here are my thoughts.
I think this shows the best notification center mock up yet. Mostly follows the metro look and has everything I would want in the notification area.
The call screen looks nice on it. Very futuristic looking! App menu looks cool too! I like the way it is laid out.
Theme selection... it should honestly already work that way!
- 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM #3
I completely agree. I also really like that you swipe to the opposite site of the App Menu. It just feels right with how the Modern UI works and is designed.
What do you mean with the call screen? If you mean how the image on the screen goes all the way to the edge, I agree as well. It seems that whenever someone make a cool futuristic concept, there is no black edge around the screen. To me, it makes the image appear larger and richer. I wonder if there is a particular reason no one has done this before?
Agree with the theme selection. No reason why we don't have this already.
- 05-13-2013, 01:36 PM #4
- 05-13-2013, 01:48 PM #6
- 05-19-2013, 09:53 PM #9
I totally agree with these points. Honestly, just give us the Notifications center and the Emotion Theme color selector and I'm happy. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to integrate and WP really needs these features.
- By Hiiiiiiiii in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-02-2013, 04:55 AM
- By sdrawkcabII in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
- By Mon-El in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 13Last Post: 06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
- By jedakin12 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
- By mmbond in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM