Bing conspicuously missing from Nielsen survey

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
So I'm taking this technology survey by Nielsen. As a contrarian wp enthusiast, I jumped at the chance to have my(our) point of view heard. As I'm taking this survey and at about an hour of time = 60% done, I have already reasoned that this survey is a little out of the times. Some examples:
- in the question about mp3 players, it mentions the Creative Zen Vision M, Rio
- in numerous questions about social media it mentions myspace, which I guess does technically still exist...
- and finally...

I'm on a question that asks which of the following search sites I have used in the last 30 days and it has

Ask
Citysearch
Comcast
Google
My Web Search ??
Superpages.com
WebCrawler (yes, really)
Whitepages
Wikipedia
Yellowpages
other

How long has Bing been around? It's so hard to believe that 1 - Nielsen would put out a poll that's this dated and 2 - they have never heard of Bing?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure this is a legitimate survey? Not spam related or anything?

Well, if it is its just one more reason why most research surveys are biased and inaccurate. The winner will obviously be Google and then the headlines will read, "...A new survey says that 98% of households use Google..."

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Write them back and explain there survey is flawed. Though Bing is nowhere near as utilized as Google they are much bigger than any other source listed. There is obvious bias or negligence
happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos