Window Phone and Battery Life

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This is also a feature post similar to my Ruggedness and Windows Phone. But Windows phone would be so much better if there were phones with features that separate them from each other. This time I have to ask why isn't there a windows phone with a battery size like the RAZR Maxx or even the Note 2. These are two phones that are praised all the time for their battery life. I understand windows phone is less of a battery eater than android but still with high end window phones like the Lumia 920,928,925 and HTC 8X with sealed in batteries wouldn't it be a nice feature?

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding the Lumia 920 has one of the bigger batteries for Windows Phone. I get about 10-12 hours with moderate use which is fantastic for me. The biggest drainer is of course games. I charge it every night by my bed via micro-USB and at the computer desk via wireless charging for a couple of hours when I get home just in case if we go out for the night.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
From my understanding the Lumia 920 has one of the bigger batteries for Windows Phone. I get about 10-12 hours with moderate use which is fantastic for me. The biggest drainer is of course games. I charge it every night by my bed via micro-USB and at the computer desk via wireless charging for a couple of hours when I get home just in case if we go out for the night.

I think a phone with a 3300 mah battery has that beat (RAZR Maxx HD) the RAZR easily lasts 2 days with moderate use with some people on android central forums showing screen shots of 4 days days plus with light use. I highly doubt you can do that on any windows phone.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do they show the battery time remaining as 2/4days? I can get my windows phone to do that but its not accurate.

A phone is not going to last 4 is you are using it moderately.

I think people have ridiculous expectations of batteries, especially in this day and age. Each feature drains the battery.

Untill battery technology has advanced, expecting a SMARTphone with best feature to last 2/4days Is a bit farfetched.

Nothing is wrong with charging your phone once a day when you go to sleep.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Do they show the battery time remaining as 2/4days? I can get my windows phone to do that but its not accurate.

A phone is not going to last 4 is you are using it moderately.

I think people have ridiculous expectations of batteries, especially in this day and age. Each feature drains the battery.

Untill battery technology has advanced, expecting a SMARTphone with best feature to last 2/4days Is a bit farfetched.

Nothing is wrong with charging your phone once a day when you go to sleep.

Yes they do. If you got to the RAZR Maxx HD forums you will find screenshots if people phones lasting well over a day. That is what I would like out of a phone. A windows phone with long lasting battery life would be awesome. Nothing is wrong with charging your phone at night. But what if you were using your phone all day and it dies on you while you were still out? That's when the RAZR Maxx come in. You can be out with that phone all day and night. Especially if you have friends who hang out all night like my own.

dlnorton2014

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I think we'll just have to wait until science catches up with our first-world needs before we start expecting a TRUE 2-4 days of battery life.

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I comfortably get 2 days with reasonable use from my Ascend W1

With lighter use it can be close to 3.

Easy ways to help your battery are to set the screen brightness to medium, turn off wifi and bluetooth if you're not using them. Also make sure you're actually using battery saver when power gets low.

nmippolito

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think we'll just have to wait until science catches up with our first-world needs before we start expecting a TRUE 2-4 days of battery life.

Or not, I currently have a Razr Maxx HD but am interested in getting a windows phone, My charge my Razr every 2 days right now and that with use. I work over night so i get up around 4 in the afternoon and i unplugged my phone with 100% i then work from 7p to 7a and when i get home in the morning its still around 60% I just worked this past Friday after coming home i went to sleep sat for a while then go out still haven't charged the phone and from Friday 4pm to sat 10pm i still have 40% so no need to charge yet so i leave it for Sunday and with football I'm using it heavily by the end of sunday night football around midnight its now 15% so i let it go another night and after a few calls Monday morning I'm down to about 2% at 11am so I then charge it which only takes about an hour then i'm back to a 100% and ready for another 2 days of average use or 4 days of lite use. Honestly that's the main reason i haven't switched yet to a windows phone bc they seem really cool and different but i might have to wait for a bigger battery b4 I make the switch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs