Q4 2013 Transcript--Microsoft

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
but surface RT took a 900 million $ hit.. a big OUCH ... similar to overture which took out a billion $ form MS

I think analysts will only latch on to this because they don't have anything better to do :D

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
but surface RT took a 900 million $ hit.. a big OUCH ... similar to overture which took out a billion $ form MS

I think analysts will only latch on to this because they don't have anything better to do :D

my primary tablet is Surface RT and it's amazing how it impresses me.

Microsoft didn't sell well because it didn't have the "wow" factor in advertising it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would buy the Surface RT all over again, there is no other device like that that I could consider for my needs, really. Except maybe the Surface Pro but the price and a few other things would still probably steer me to the RT.

I dont think Surface RT never really got a fair chance or then it's just a bit too much of a niche device that happens to suit just me perfectly.

I hope that regardless of the loss that the hardware formfactor will keep on living as will the build materials etc. I think iPads feel and look like toys compared to Surfaces. In a few years when I'd likely upgrade my tablet device, I hope to get just a new version of Surface simply cos nothing else comes close to how amazing package I think it is.

That said, I won't lose sleep if they can Win RT (as long as I get enough support and updates for the average lifetime of my Surface), as long as the hardware formfactor and general philosophy of the Surfaces keeps on living, even if only in the form of a Surface Pro (or likely cheaper models with those Atoms and other CPUs like that).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon