Let's remember Windows Mobile 6.1 !

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember what Pocket PC I had with a gray scale screen (and the huge 32 MB CompactFlash card). I loved this thing but I really don't remember what brand it was. I don't think it was an iPAQ...

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Had the touch pro, touch pro 2, Omnia 2. Went to android for the past few years and am back with the n928. Wp8 seems so limited than what I remember. I still love it and it will grow

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
i-mate was the only brand i ever seen with windows mobile back then you are lucky person if you had a phone with windows mobile on it :grin:

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Jeez I never realized how old it looked haha. Then again I never really used much of Windows Mobile. Parts of the OS look modern and parts look very dated

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Ohhh I had so many of those devices. Motorola MPX200, MPX220, Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard), Cingular 8515 I think (TyTN), ATT Tilt (TyTN II Kaiser), and an HTC Touch Pro 2. Man that Touch Pro 2 was the absolute king of physical keyboards. I would gladly pay an extra $100 to get that thing frankensteined onto my Lumia 920. If HTC released an 8 Pro with global GSM and LTE in the US I just might leave Nokia (since they refuse to make physical high end Lumias with keyboards).

Jason

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I just found my HTC touch diamond in a drawer yesterday, and connected it to a charger. Booted up like a champ, and even loaded WPC. If I could get that functionality with modern hardware and a streamlined interface, I'd be a happy man.

WP_20130731_20_40_13_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
File Management! We need that back... heck, Microsoft should consider bringing the capabilities/options available in Windows RT to Windows Phone, that would be awesome.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I never considered Windows Mobile. I used Symbian and BlackBerry during Windows Mobile's heyday.

My only recollection of Windows Mobile is the Samsung Jack commercial with Ozzy Osbourne.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This is one of those that I owned. Versions 1 and 2.

It was released exclusively in the Philippines by Smart Communications as the Smart Amazing Phone. I called it 'Not so Smart, not so Amazing phone.'

DSCN1991.jpg

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This is one of those that I owned. Versions 1 and 2.

It was released exclusively in the Philippines by Smart Communications as the Smart Amazing Phone. I called it 'Not so Smart, not so Amazing phone.'

I had those too (from Orange) and many other, later variants of it. Personally I loved them ;-)

spv.jpg

Look, I found this picture in the internet:

0280000000384786-photo-imageneteco.jpg

Except of the last one I owned all of them. And also the C550 with dedicated music buttons.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
All those smaller phones accepting full size SD and regular SIM cards. Yet the Lumia 1520 had to move to nanosim. Ah well it was done for progress I'm sure. I still wish we had some phones with the hardware keyboard like the Touch Pro 2 coming out in WP land.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I was a proud owner of a Samsung Omnia II with Windows Mobile 6.5. Touch Wiz suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked! SBP Mobile shell was a savior. It had a 5mp camera and panoramic shot a good year before the iphone did. Free wifi tethering when Verizon was still unlimited data was awesome. MicroSDcard filled with music and a movie or two. Towards the end of my contract I eventually flashed an iPhone like shell on to it for simplicity sake and to deliberately show off its capabilities with iPhone users. Most of them couldn't understand why THEIR iPhone couldn't do those things.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I had a HTC P3300 ( Artemis ), i loved it..........but it wasnt BUT proof.
I sat on it :-/
With a tweak cabfile you could even have a bigger microSD in it ( normal 2 GB, with the tweak 8 GB ).
That was only six or seven years ago
Think of what it has become and what it will be over the same period of time.

LCW

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Had a Cingular 8525... My first smartphone (had Nokias and Startacs before that). Thick beast!! I kinda miss it... It was a powerhouse in its day. MicroSD card slot, stylus, clickable thumb wheel, camera button, backlit keyboard, wifi, notification LEDs, email and browser quick keys... Other than being a brick it was awesome. If only MS had seen the iPhone revolution coming and adapted right away instead of fighting it...

cingular_8525_views.jpg

8525_diagram1.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs