Apparently GDR2 has API's for Call Blocking and SMS blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Link: call blocking | WMPoweruser

Would you use this feature? or would rather hope it doesn't see the light of day?

Personally I would love such a feature.. so I can stop (well maybe not stop - hopefully reduce it!) those damn automated calls / sms messages like debt advice, ppi claims support. They are extremely infuriating especially when you get called / messaged in the middle of the night.

Edit: oh bugger I created this in the wrong section! lol..

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Samsung already includes call blocking with the Ativ S and Nokia has it in the Chinese version of the 920 so this feature is already there for OEM's to include it. However, making the API's available to third parties means that we should start to see call and SMS blocking apps appearing on the store. I would prefer Nokia to add it to the OS though rather than having to download a separate app.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Samsung already includes call blocking with the Ativ S and Nokia has it in the Chinese version of the 920 so this feature is already there for OEM's to include it. However, making the API's available to third parties means that we should start to see call and SMS blocking apps appearing on the store. I would prefer Nokia to add it to the OS though rather than having to download a separate app.

Oh I see, wasn't aware that it was already on the Ativ S and on the chinese variant of the L920. I agree it would prefer it added to settings like into network + as that already has the call waiting feature and sms character set.

Promethius99

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes come on Microsoft get this sorted, I know lots of people who would use this function, so convenient and common sense, it cant be hard to sort it, Can it?
promethius99

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would for sure use this. Since it is as api maybe developers can get on it in someway. I personally will check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster