Easy Way To Get Rid Of Google

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
If it wasn't for YouTube, Google would have nothing to offer me. I've moved my services over to MS equivalents some year ago (mostly email and cloud, online productivity tools..), but since theres no real equivalent for YouTube and I dont know if there will be for years, I'll keep my Google account for that.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If it wasn't for YouTube, Google would have nothing to offer me. I've moved my services over to MS equivalents some year ago (mostly email and cloud, online productivity tools..), but since theres no real equivalent for YouTube and I dont know if there will be for years, I'll keep my Google account for that.

FWIW - I only use YouTube for viewing. And you don't need a Google Account for that. My video uploads already go to SkyDrive and shared with friends or the public.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with Google going after Microsoft. After all, Microsoft clearly goes after Google/Apple with their ads and Apple has quite a lengthy history of attacking Microsoft via ads. But that's the key difference, Microsoft/Apple does it via ads while Google is screwing with their very own user base. People want to use Youtube and they want a good experience. I realize Google is under no obligation to support WP with a Youtube app but Google needs to decide if they want an official app or not. Google is making MS waste time and resources by jumping through hoops while ignoring other Youtube app makers. That, IMO, is a deliberate attempt to hurt MS, just like Google's deliberate attempt to block WP users from Google Maps.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
FWIW - I only use YouTube for viewing. And you don't need a Google Account for that. My video uploads already go to SkyDrive and shared with friends or the public.

Yeah well, I'm not interested in using only half of the service, Google or not.

Dave da Silva

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I have no problems with Google going after Microsoft. After all, Microsoft clearly goes after Google/Apple with their ads and Apple has quite a lengthy history of attacking Microsoft via ads. But that's the key difference, Microsoft/Apple does it via ads while Google is screwing with their very own user base. People want to use Youtube and they want a good experience. I realize Google is under no obligation to support WP with a Youtube app but Google needs to decide if they want an official app or not. Google is making MS waste time and resources by jumping through hoops while ignoring other Youtube app makers. That, IMO, is a deliberate attempt to hurt MS, just like Google's deliberate attempt to block WP users from Google Maps.

Why would you need Google Maps when the service that Microsoft and Nokia offer you are better?

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
YouTube is too hard to get rid of. Nothing on the internet comes close. That is the only reason I have a Google account at this point and I'm sure many others feel the same.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not interested in debating the merits of Google or Microsoft. But as a convert from the Google ecosystem, a Droid and other Google offerings, to the Microsoft ecosystem and Windows Phone 8, I just wanted to share the easy method to ditch Google 100%.

You don't have to.

I did. And boy does it feel good.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Why would you need Google Maps when the service that Microsoft and Nokia offer you are better?

Subjective opinion. Perhaps in your country they are better, but Bing/Here etc are donkey balls compared to Google Maps in 4 out of the 7 countries I've been to in the last 3 months (specifically Japan, Korea, Ireland, Singapore) and even in my home country, India, there is just no competition.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Same for me :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss