How do I take video with default camera app not selected?

ZuNuKoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
In the new update, if I select pressing the camera button opens, under the settings and I choose start Nokia Smart Cam. If I press that it launches the correct app. But how do I switch to take video? There's no tile to pin, no lens to switch to. I used to press and hold the camera button to launch video. Now if I have Nokia smart cam selected and long press the camera button, it only launches Nokia smart cam. How do I take video with the default camera app not selected? Not sure if this also applies to Nokia pro cam, I'm using a Nokia Lumia 822.(think I posted in the wrong forum, wanted off topic, if you could move it please)

ZuNuKoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
That would work. But it was so much easier to long press the camera button, then it will be to unlock the phone go to the tile press it and switch to video. You should update to a WP8 when you can, you'll enjoy all the new added features. I'm hoping they might make a change in that a long press will open the video screen. I'd be nice if you could also change the default video app. Thanks for the quick reply.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, since the camera app you select is supposed to record vieos and take photos, I'm surprised that Nokia Pro Cam doesn't take videos.

My advice is to switch it back to the system camera app for the time being.
(Also, this should be under the Lumia 822 forum)

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Once the smart cam app is open there is a small video camera right next to the on screen camera icon. All you do is slide the video camera icon onto the circle that has
the camera icon in it and you can take videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes