The Nokia Acquisition (post comments and questions here)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
First! Ok. Now that's out of the way. I like it. Should let the flood gates of fun open for WP!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Big news...hoping it's good for the NOK products to come...as long as there isn't a brain drain after the fact.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
While there will be many not happy about this news (Fandroids), this is really a great move by Microsoft and for Windows Phone.

Very exciting news!

Good OL MC

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
As part of the agreement, Nokia CEO Stephen Elop is stepping aside; he's now leading Microsoft's Devices team. That puts him in an odd position with Julie Larson-Green, who Ballmer said will be joining his team, but will also be responsible for other hardware like Surface and the Xbox One. The exact scope of Elop's role isn't exactly clear, and with a soon-to-be-vacant CEO seat we expect plenty of rumors to fly as the acquisition closes.

The Verge

Hot damn. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it sounds super fishy that Elop adopted this OS and then sold himself back to MS.

Sugarnotch

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
MS, please don't screw this up. Keep Nokias key players in place so they can continue to inspire innovation.

Sugarnotch

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
MS, please don't screw this up. Keep Nokias key players in place so they can continue to inspire innovation.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy AND sad.

I will miss seeing Nokia branding on my phones. Since Nokia is still going to keep existing as a company, I doubt that MS will be able to use Nokia's name on phones.

I've loved Nokia phones for almost 20 years.

DaveSC

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I feel like this could really **** off some OEM's that were on the edge already when it comes to manufacturing devices for the windows mobile ecosystem. I am not sure that I really want to see Microsoft head in apples direction with a single choice for hardware. Having said that it could lead to some really tight hardware integration but then it could also follow the Google/Motorola purchase and produce little to no change at all.

I'm just not sure how to feel about this one, maybe it will become clear when details start flowing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster