IMAP - for Outlook.com could be a gmail killer

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe not a gmail killer, but it really does attack google. I have been frusterated for years that I couldn't get more than my email on my Apple iMac. I wanted my outlook contacts in my address book, my calendar in "Calendar". So happy about this news. I find this is a huge step in the right direction. Best part is that Outlook 2011 for the MAC should now work with outlook.com :)

Outlook.com announces support for IMAP email and new partnerships | Windows Phone Central

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is a great move, but they still need to clean up some other things that are driving some users away. One of the biggest, believe it or not, is allowing contact pictures to be added and synced across the Win 8 spectrum. You can't add your own picture contact to Outlook.com. Nor to the Metro Outlook on Windows 8. You can do it for the full fledged Office, as well as WP8, but then you can't sync them. Really silly, as a lot of people really need this functionality.

Other than that, Outlook.com is now superior to GMail in pretty much every way possible. Just fix the core features that are still highly requested.

dlnorton2014

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
This is a great move, but they still need to clean up some other things that are driving some users away. One of the biggest, believe it or not, is allowing contact pictures to be added and synced across the Win 8 spectrum. You can't add your own picture contact to Outlook.com. Nor to the Metro Outlook on Windows 8. You can do it for the full fledged Office, as well as WP8, but then you can't sync them. Really silly, as a lot of people really need this functionality.

Other than that, Outlook.com is now superior to GMail in pretty much every way possible. Just fix the core features that are still highly requested.

I totally agree with the picture issue. The only contacts in People that have pictures are the ones that I have connected to Twitter or Skype. It's EXTREMELY aggravating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett