What I think MS should add to Windows Phone Blue

Totalfixation

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the reason for us not having an option for background wallpaper is because of the battery life or possibly keep it uniform with it's themes.

I did a simple mock with Paint and suggested MS do something like this at the same time I don't think it will affect the battery life as much and keep it more uniformed to what they are doing.

What do you guys think? I added a bit of shadow to make the tiles feel like they are floating. it's not perfect but I hope you guys get the idea. the colors can mix and match.

wp_ss_20130913_0001.png

Last edited:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: What I think MS should add to Windows 8.1

It would be ok'ish' , but I think Windows Phone 8 has too much going on in the tiles and a background will be very distracting. I am not sure at all.

Last edited:

Totalfixation

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: What I think MS should add to Windows 8.1

Thanks I just changed the title.

What I was thinking is the option to change both tiles and background colors independently so people such as sports fans can match their favorite team colors.

Such as Yellow tiles and Purple background for Lakers Fans. Or Yellow and Red for Miami fans. Just an idea I think could very well take off for Sports Fans and in my opinion sports fans are easy to market.

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd like customization options akin to what's in WP8.1 blue. If my phone matched my computer, that'd be tits.

I agree. Although personally, I'm much more interested in functionality improvements such as the ability to still use the back button to go to the previous webpage in IE after having used it to switch apps, better Skype integration, etc.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think your concept is pretty good, but I'm not sure it fits well at this time. Shadows, backgrounds, and other eye candy on the start screen isn't really a battery issue. Most of the screen's pixels are going to be lit up regardless.

It's about Microsoft's Metro/Modern UI design philosophy. That philosophy, in a nutshell, is about stripping out all of the unnecessary graphics (chrome, brushed metal, wood grain, leather, shadows, beveled edges, backgrounds, etc) and letting the data/content itself be the focus. Developers are encouraged to follow these design principals when creating WP apps. This is what sets WP's UI apart from iPhone and Android. On a smart phone it makes a ton of sense due to the limit screen space. Apples new iOS 7 actually seems to be trying (not too well IMHO) to copy many of the Modern UI concepts.

Anyway, adding even subtle graphics is a slippery slope and MS adding shadows to the Start Screen tiles would be a bad example. It would be hard for MS to tell developers to stick to the design language if they break the rules themselves on the main OS screen. I'm not trying to be critical and I think MS will eventually end up doing things to keep the UI "fresh". Who knows, maybe your ideas will make it into a version of WP some day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial