Want to completely ditch Google

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
We all know how badly Google treats WP8 users. I'm thinking of deleting my Google account and connecting my other accouts to new, Microsoft's mail. Just waiting for Feedly to accept non-Google login. The case is - IE is nice, but is there some sort of AdBlock like for Chrome, that will disable all those crapy ads? Today's web is overflowing with them.

Case nr 2 - my Gmail is my Microsoft Account e-mail. I of cource use it for my Xbox 360, Lumia 920 and Win 8 ultrabook. Should I create a new MS mail and change it in the settings of MS Account mail? All will work well? Outlook.com is the place to go when it comes to Microsoft's mail?

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if I get it right - if I change my MS Account allias to smth @ outlook.com instead of my @gmail.com, which I want to delete, I will have to reset my phone? Not a big deal... besides all those saves from games ;/

dlnorton2014

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
When I deleted my @hotmail.com alias by switching over to @outlook.com, I had to totally reset my phone. I, too, lost all of my game data. I'm a huge perfectionist (with a little bit of OCD thrown in), so I couldn't have a @hotmail.com alias when my mailbox was now named Outlook. It depends on how willing you are to delete your Gmail account. I personally have always hated Gmail... It looked too boxy and my spam box was UNBELIEVABLE. I love Outlook.com and will never look back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs