New iPad vs. MS Tablet Ad

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Watching the Dolphins vs. Colts game I caught the new ad featuring the Acer W3 beating up on the iPad. I guess this is payback for all those "I'm a Mac" commercials. Proud to own the device in spite of all the haters trashing the display and even prouder of my 'Phins for a second straight road win.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The surface add is pretty funny too "do you think I still look pretty" or something like that... totally making fun of Siri.

I just wish Windows Phone had something better than Siri, but we don't.

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The surface add is pretty funny too "do you think I still look pretty" or something like that... totally making fun of Siri.

Sounds like the time when we will isn't far off with Cortana, or whatever they decide to finally call it.

To be on topic, I have not seen that specific commercial but I have seen the other Surface vs. iPad commercials and they are hilarious. I wouldn't buy an Acer, though.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The one with the Acer was on for most of the games during the day and it was just as enjoyable each time.

BTW on the Fox broadcasts did anyone notice Michael, Howie and Jimmy all had Surfaces?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't use Siri to tell me the time or the weather, but I do use it (or whatever Apple's speech to text is) to bang out texts and short emails on my company phone. You have to talk v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y or God knows what your message is gonna look like. My Lumia however, even pops out colloquialisms, contractions, you name it.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it's very clever for Microsoft to unintentionally point out they don't have an assistant app like Siri in a commercial designed to show the iPad's lack of features compared to the Surface.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's very clever for Microsoft to unintentionally point out they don't have an assistant app like Siri in a commercial designed to show the iPad's lack of features compared to the Surface.

If Siri is all Apple can hang its hat on, it's not even worth mentioning. The iPad is an excellent device and does its job very well. The point of the commercial is to show how much more functional a Microsoft tablet is. Mission Accomplished.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
People just parrot what other sites say. Some usual anti-MS suspect writes that it feels cheap and everyone says the same without ever holding one.

The W3 has a plastic body but it feels solid unlike a lot of Acer's past devices. The biggest issue would be the screen quality which is sub par. Other than that for the price it's a good device.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually saw both that ad and the 1020 recital ad multiple times.

I rather like their aggressive stance. Lets a certain market see there is life outside of Apple.
Truth be, if I could afford an RT I'd sport it, hasn't anyone played with one at a Best Buy or the like yet? They're smoking fast and kind of sexy to boot, far more expansive in terms of basic system functionality than an iPad. Just needs more apps is all I've heard all that negative about them.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually saw both that ad and the 1020 recital ad multiple times.

I rather like their aggressive stance. Lets a certain market see there is life outside of Apple.
Truth be, if I could afford an RT I'd sport it, hasn't anyone played with one at a Best Buy or the like yet? They're smoking fast and kind of sexy to boot, far more expansive in terms of basic system functionality than an iPad. Just needs more apps is all I've heard all that negative about them.

The RT is more web-based like an x86 device. Lack of apps is not a deal breaker per se, but not being able to run legacy programs is what ultimately put me in the W3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb