Tmobile : Can microsoft get the fcc to approve a purchase of tmobile !

anon(5331912)

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
With Google entering broadband internet access TV access satellite internet health and self driving cars . Can Microsoft get away with purchasing tmobile ??? It would be a way to guarantee improved search results and a way to bring back some of there Xbox always on features... I m sure theres more they could do with a tmobile purchase

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Google has been long overdue for a breakup, in my opinion. How they get away with multiple monopolies (especially when other companies get broken up or penalized for looser ones) for so long eludes me.

Also, I'm in the camp of "They wouldn't because it's going to get rejected anyway."

They have reasons, but as they're now an OEM (via Microsoft Mobile, formerly Nokia D&S), they can't get away with a vertical monopoly. (Not until Google stops lobbying lawmakers.)

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why Microsoft would buy a company that is losing money anyway in an area they're not going for.

They already bought one company that was losing money, but only because they wanted to keep making Windows Phones.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The answer to that would be no. Just like Boeing cannot have its own airline per the Air Mail Act of 1933 or 34, similar legislation has been passed forbidding these types of corporate umbrellas. Remember Ma Bell in '84?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
With Google entering broadband internet access TV access satellite internet health and self driving cars . Can Microsoft get away with purchasing tmobile ??? It would be a way to guarantee improved search results and a way to bring back some of there Xbox always on features... I m sure theres more they could do with a tmobile purchase

I doubt that the German government would allow Microsoft to take over Deutsche Telekom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea