Which Microsoft device will you choose?

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Suppose u get money to buy any Microsoft product and u have only one option to buy which and u may not be able to purchase any other Microsoft product as money given gets over which one u will buy.

1. Surface pro 3

2. Any high end Lumia device

3. Xbox one

4. A good configuration desktop or laptop.

Form all these 4 options. I really damn confused if I had money to buy which one I go for. Which one u will go for?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For me, I would easily pick the Laptop/desktop. Love me some Lumia's, and I would love an XBOX just to have one, but a premium PC/laptop are still the most powetful devices and I still use them more.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
This is a hard question to answer and thankfully it's only hypothetical :smile:

To me the winning point of using MS based kit is the way it all works together and breaking it apart would render each device less usable.

I have the full suite so Xbox One, 1520, Surface Pro, laptop and desktop, my wife has a 520, Surface 2 and laptop and to answer it, I suppose it depends on how you use your kit.

I tend to use my laptop to do most web surfing so I am typing this on the lappy, if I was doing my accounts or writing a letter it would also be the laptop, so although it is the least glamorous it's the most used (As a direct tool). My Surface tends to be more for light surfing, watching catchup TV in the bedroom, playing games but because it could actually do all the laptop could, the Surface would stay out of the two.

The desktop is almost redundant, it was set up as a media center and file server, my files are now all on the cloud and the Xbox One does the media stuff, so it's almost final role is as a print server

So to the three devices I actually really enjoy owning, my 1520, Surface Pro and my Xbox One, and this becomes a nightmare to choose, I can take a picture on my 1520, when I get home and turn on the Xbox, choose OneDrive the picture is there to be viewed, if I add an album to my music collection on the Surface, it's added to my collection on the Xbox One and with one more click, downloaded to my phone.

So you can see this makes choosing one device a real problem when it's the integration between the devices that makes the system (One that MS should actually make more of an effort to sell) so good.

I suppose its to Xbox One that I actually use most as it's now my main TV/Music/games package, my phone is with me all the time, and my Surface that could almost do everything.

Sod it I would probably go and buy a better laptop, no I wouldn't it would be a Surface 3.

But it's really between the Xbox and the phone, as I can actually do 90% of my entertainment in a clunkier way, it really would have to be the phone, BUT PLEASE don't make me choose :wink:

Bob

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Surface 3 hands down. I didn't have to think about it. The only thing that gives me a pause is I really want an LTE tablet option. We have the surface 2 and the 2520 but that is it. Nothing else.

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That is a tricky question because I would opt for a preconfigured server computer with a few different server licenses. I guess if it was strictly a device it would be a standard desktop capable of such tasks.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I would get a good configuration laptop. If it was out of the options, I would definitely get a high end Lumia. But a laptop is still way more productive, effective and powerful than any of the other options.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I would go for the Surface Pro 3 myself. Sure, I have a Xbox one, a Lumia ICON and a Samsung Slate 7 tablet that came from the factory with Windows 8 and this device has a slick Bluetooth keyboard and a Microsoft gaming mouse.

But, I don't think I would go for the Surface Pro 3 till Windows 9 comes out, or the Surface Pro 4(I'm sure it will show up at sometime next year). After seeing what Windows 9 will offer, I don't care about Windows 8 any more and will stick with Windows 7 till 9 hits...

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 and mac so I guess best option would be a sp3 ....
Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

Xbox one is entertainment hub just not limited to gaming. Ppl buy ps4 coz its marketed well its cheaper than Xbox one. For entertainment ppl have their phones and most ppl don't go for a all round entertainment hub. This also maybe due to lack of awareness of Xbox features one should not. It comes very near to replace your Tele and ppl still think Xbox is inky gaming so y buy Xbox when ps is cheaper.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Xbox one is entertainment hub just not limited to gaming. Ppl buy ps4 coz its marketed well its cheaper than Xbox one. For entertainment ppl have their phones and most ppl don't go for a all round entertainment hub. This also maybe due to lack of awareness of Xbox features one should not. It comes very near to replace your Tele and ppl still think Xbox is inky gaming so y buy Xbox when ps is cheaper.

Dude, it's an opinion. You can't fight over what somebody thinks. Inst I think the Xbox one is better as well.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Surface pro 3. Because latop replacement and tablet.

I can build my own desktop with parts I want, I have a Lumia 930 already and an not getting anything new anytime soon, and I'm not interested in the Xbox ( or ps4 for that matter). Any games I'd play that's available on xbox/ps4 I'd rather have the PC version. And I have a Wii u for my console fix.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmm but then what did I say anything that will make ur post seem like a sensible reply. I'm least interested in Xbox one or PlayStation...

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Easy for me, I have the Lumia 930 and a Surface RT, so updating to the Surface Pro 3 would be ideal for me.

Tried one today in the local store and it is awesome..... so saving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo