Interesting Nokia News

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
yeah, WebOS has been passed around like a decade old fruitcake. also, the Palm name is now like Commodore, Atari or Amiga. It can be slapped on new hardware, but it still wouldn't be the company of old.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To paraphrase The Church Lady, isn't this special?

Nokia in Talks to Buy Alcatel-Lucent - WSJ

It would be great to see Palm reborn wearing Nokia hardware.

My issue is your link wants me to subscribe or log in. Dirty pool, man. Not gonna happen. So I'll never know what the article said. I understand print media is dying, but coercing me into coughing up an email address is not a viable solution, IMHO.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My issue is your link wants me to subscribe or log in. Dirty pool, man. Not gonna happen. So I'll never know what the article said. I understand print media is dying, but coercing me into coughing up an email address is not a viable solution, IMHO.
WSJ is weird that way. Sometimes I'll see an article from WSJ that is on Bing News or Google News and I'll be able to read it in its entirety, despite not being a subscriber. Then I'll share the link with a friend, but he or she gets the message that subscription is required.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
;)

I still think MS should have bought palm for the patents... Yeah, they would have killed off webOS faster than HP, but they'd have a bigger patent portfolio.

I miss my Pre 2 😢

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
;)

I still think MS should have bought palm for the patents... Yeah, they would have killed off webOS faster than HP, but they'd have a bigger patent portfolio.

I miss my Pre 2 😢
Maybe they would've been able to incorporate the features of webOS into Windows Phone if they had the patents.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
;)

I miss my Pre 2 😢
Way back at the end of Win Mobile, more than a few seriously suggested that is exactly what Microsoft should have done: Buy Palm and make webOS their own, or fork/skin Android...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Until this news broke, I didn't know (or else I forgot) that Alcatel-Lucent is the owner of the famed Bell Laboratories. It would be cool for a company as storied as Nokia to be the owners of Bell Labs, an equally important company in the history of technology.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
New Nokias using WebOS would be cool, but Nokias using BlackBerry 10 OS would likely sway me from Windows Phone, bring it on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon