Surface Pro 4 release & hardware predictions

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My speculation of a surface pro 4 release:
A HUGE IF surprise comes out of Microsoft on July 29th with the release of Windows 10...that would be a surprise!
Besides that, in reality an announcement comes out of IFA in September if not I don't expect a release till Q2 of 2016.
Honestly, I see no need for a rush. What for, they are doing great so far with the surface pro 3 and why hurt it.
Personally, I would love to see it on July 29th, but that's my emotions talking.

What's everyone else's predictions and speculations', thanks.

Ps. I had omitted my hardware predictions to leave it for someone more in the "know".

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There probably isn't much point in releasing a new Surface Pro until Intel makes their next gen "Skylake" processors available. There probably isn't much that MS can do to improve on their SP3 design without that new hardware. Current rumors suggest that Skylake will be released in August or September. I'm guessing (and hoping) that MS will follow with an SP4 shortly after that. Perhaps the October/November timeframe which would be good timing for the US holiday sales season.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im actually a little torn. I have a SP2 and love the look of the Dell XPS 13. When SP4 comes out it will be on par I guess with the Dell XPS 15. I love the infinity display and I use it on my lap and the pressure distribution of a true laptop is easier on the legs than the 2 concentrated points of Surface. Fact im torn though means OEM's are doing exactly what MS wanted them to do, raise their game and make outstanding devices, cant wait for the same to start happening with WP. Maybe I will get both and give one to the other half :p

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Technology is one of those things that you could wait ..then wait...then wait some more and keep on waiting. The question to ask yourself is...Does this device do what I need it do do and will it do what I need it to do for the time frame i expect to have this software and way of working?

If the answer is yes then you got a good deal with the SP3 (which version did you get) if the answer is no then look elsewhere or wait, and if money is not really that big an issue then again wait as the newer devices tend to give a slightly longer lifespan on usage but not by much. You have to make a jump into it at some point and only you know the answer to your needs. For me I think the Surface 3 with LTE would be replacement for my iPad to take on holiday and use for maps and research etc, I have a SP2 and no way i was getting SP3 so close after SP2 - I will see what SP4 brings, like you said you have a 30 day money back so wait to see whats what and if the device serves your needs :)

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
@Great deal.
Awesome tag name!
An yes it was a great deal! :)
I purchased the icore5, 128gb. It fits exactly my needs. Besides 300$ more does not justify my for a 8gb ram bump. Yes, more memory(256gb), but that's negligence to me. My current Ultrabook setup is all in the cloud ☁. I have no physical files on board. An yes they are on a external hard drive. It's the way to go today....
Though more ram would be nice for those extraneous tasks...
I totally agree with you for your case scenario on a pro 3 does not suffice for a purchase, besides it wouldn't be a great deal ;).
Ps. If a pro 4 hits shelfs following the launch of windows 10, then I got my 30 days return window ;)

Kosi46

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have read rumors in Germany that Microsoft have ordered around 20million super-fast Samsung-SSDs(write or read speed with 2GB/S...don't know if this is going to be possible with next generation SSDs?) The delivery should end in second half of 2016...so they dated the rumored release with second half 2016. I really hope that this is not true. Would like to see and buy a new Surface Pro 4 in Ocrober 2015.
Maybe the rumored order is for Surface Pro 5?^^

onkel_axel

May 29, 2014
Visit site
septermber reveal
october release

skylake cpu
ddr4 ram
iris scanner front facing camera for windows hello
not sure, if they could already use nvme ssds

compatible to previous surface pro 3 cover, dock etc

this device would kill!

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
septermber reveal
october release

skylake cpu
ddr4 ram
iris scanner front facing camera for windows hello
not sure, if they could already use nvme ssds

compatible to previous surface pro 3 cover, dock etc

this device would kill!

That actually seems reasonable, heh.

onkel_axel

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That actually seems reasonable, heh.

after the last Microsoft earnings we know for sure now, that no surface pro 4 will hit in the next quarter
they expect only 2 - 2.1 billion revenue. last year was 2.45 with the surface pro 3 relase.

so holiday quarter (october - december )seems to be the earliest possible date for the surface pro 4

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven