Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Ron Vin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
One year and a half with the "flagship 930" and besides the very good camera, and beautiful amoled screen, the gift of a bluetooth speaker and a ?20 voucher I really think my choice of living without google did not really pay off. WP 8.1 and 10 is a constant beta. My bank does not have a WP app. Neither my semi prof photo camera manufacturer. Of course they do have it for iOS and Android. WM10 is a copy of iOS the buttons the styles the fly-out of the tiles aso. Cortana's stupid regional settings are infuriating. British Cortana sounds like a female Hawkins simulator combined with a depressed BBC presenter. The list is very long and mostly boring. Now my question to you all, who had either of the flagship models would you go and spend another ?4-500 or equivalent in any currency on a new Microsoft Mobile? Please put your hand on your heart and be honest. I will start by saying NO.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't see why I wouldn't really. It just has to be the possible right phone for me. Google is annoying, and if push came to shove (hopefully it wouldn't), I would consider iOS but probably an older one, lol.

I think there's potential in the system and I just like how it is.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I understand what you are saying, but, yes, I would buy MS mobile again. Had 930, sold it, bought 5s. I can't describe amount of frustration with that ugly UI and those stupud icons! Also, lack of personalization features bothered me. What's with the Store?!? Maybe I am stupid, but couln't find the option to see all apps. There is probably every app you want and need (and don't need), as long as you know the name.
But, I liked the size of a phone and all the iCloud possibilities. Finally, came back for Lumia, this time 735, untill MS release compact flagship. And I can't be happier! Love the looks, tiles, everything! And I have every app I need, except my banking app. But I can live with it. :)

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have my wife and myself on Win Phone. I also have a Android handset for work. I will be moving my wife to Android. I'll probably stay on Win phone myself since I have the work Android. I really, really like mobile payment. If I had one phone I would switch over to Android.
sent from TapTalk for Windows Phone

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I've just been a Windows Phone user just over a year, and even though there can be improvement, I'll likely buy a WP as my next phone.

Topataco

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I fell in love with the design of the 1020/920, but all of the Microsoft phones I've seen so far, aside from the 730, are just horrid design wise. Plus W10M is just horrible, I've been using it since day one, and apart from the bugs that I've disregarded, Microsoft looks like they don't know what they're doing. Unless when the launch date comes around and the OS is the perfect amalgam between players I'm jumping to Android.

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Perfectly happy with WM 8.1 on my 925 (and 720). Haven't tried WM 10 yet and am a bit reluctant to fix something that isn't broken. My only wish is for a 925 successor when it finally needs to be retired and I will be happy to stay with Windows Phone 😊

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No. I ditched WP a year ago this September for Android and it was the best decision I ever made. I have no intention of returning to WP ever. I may check a Surface Phone IF it indeed runs full Windows including x86 programs etc just like a normal computer. But WP, never. I spent 3 painful years with it and I have no intention of ever repeating the masochist act. Specially when Android is so vastly superior to it.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
One year and a half with the "flagship 930" and besides the very good camera, and beautiful amoled screen, the gift of a bluetooth speaker and a ?20 voucher I really think my choice of living without google did not really pay off. WP 8.1 and 10 is a constant beta. My bank does not have a WP app. Neither my semi prof photo camera manufacturer. Of course they do have it for iOS and Android. WM10 is a copy of iOS the buttons the styles the fly-out of the tiles aso. Cortana's stupid regional settings are infuriating. British Cortana sounds like a female Hawkins simulator combined with a depressed BBC presenter. The list is very long and mostly boring. Now my question to you all, who had either of the flagship models would you go and spend another ?4-500 or equivalent in any currency on a new Microsoft Mobile? Please put your hand on your heart and be honest. I will start by saying NO.

Never had Microsoft mobile :p just Nokia Lumia 950 will be the first

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3