Apple is way more productive for Office 365 user!

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, those are words from me, a fan of windows devices! Right now, I'm still like "WAT"!

Here's my story about this:
- My aunt used to use an Lenovo Miix 3 (64GB, Windows 10) and a Sony phone for her work.
- Surface is not available in my country.
- Miix 3 is bad and not the best bang for the buck, Atom lag, micro USB only, and low memory.
- Then someone gifted her an Macbook Air 2015 (not 1 port only version) and an iPhone 6s "rose gold".
- I had to setup for her because she's not fluent in technology.

Surprisingly, iPhone and Macbook is the best pair I hadn't ever seen before! They sync everything together even without internet access!
In the past, she took a picture from her phone, then had to wait for wifi for Onedrive to sync. Now she don't really need to wait.
With the old data, I just needed to transfer everything from the old Lenovo tablet to the new Macbook Air via Onedrive, then download Office 2016 suit, and done!
She has the Office 365 subscription, and Office 2016 work fluent on the macbook and iPhone!
Cortana may never be in my country, same as Siri. But the "Spotlight" is definitely better compared to the non-cortana search.
Apple Device and Apple warranty supported in my country, It easier to buy an Apple devices than Surface devices or any macbook-clone laptop!

Apple OSX is fully support Vietnamese! And yes, Windows 10 don't have Vietnamese yet! Windows 7 and 8 only.
(I'm not sure what the hell "Microsoft Vietnam" is doing... They have company in Vietnam, selling Office365 and Windows in Vietnam, and NO VIETNAMESE?!)

Oh and surprising fact! I don't know how, but the Safari browser can run ActiveX web application from her company!
Or something like that, but I 100% sure that her company web app can only use on IE since forever on Windows! I'm like WAT!
I thought that I had to install Windows 10 for her work! But there is no need anymore.

And that's all she need, and everything is perfectly setup and super easy to use! I'm like "WAT" again...
She's using iMessenger and Facecam with "hand off", Mail, Safari,.. her macbook infront of my eyes!
Everything is too easy and perfect!

Macbook is not for me because all my thing to do are on Windows. But I never expect that OSX are "noob" friendly like that!

My aunt is still confusing about the new start screen/menu, she still don't really know what should she do with all the rectangle thing-y.
Everything I setup her start screen, she never touch and custome it! The only modern app that she used is Facebook, Mail and Edge, and nothing else!

She's never use OSX before, windows laptop only, and it is super easier for her when using a Macbook right now.
I have to check her devices for adwares when ever I meet her, now I think I don't really need to do it anymore.

I felt like I lived under a rock.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I stopped reading when I realized that you don't realize there's a setting for OneDrive that says "only sync photos on WiFi" that you can then off.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I stopped reading when I realized that you don't realize there's a setting for OneDrive that says "only sync photos on WiFi" that you can then off.
Sync to the laptop, not the cloud, please read again.

Macbook and iOS devices can sync together even without internet access.

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
So I've been a MacBook user for over five years now and I've switched between iPhones and android phones throughout that time. There was a great deal on a surface 3 a few months ago and decided to give it a try. With that being said, I'm not aware of a setting that syncs your two iPhone and MacBook without an internet connection unless you are plugged in via cable.

The only thing I can think of is airdrop which allows you to send docs or pictures or websites to another ios device but that's not the same as syncing. To my understanding and my experience, internet connection is a must.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Using what exactly?

Using Wi-Fi probably, or Bluetooth. Note that having a Wi-Fi connection doesn't equal to having internet access. AirDrop and Dropbox can do this, OneDrive can't. Handoff is simply a huge convenient. And about Vietnamese support, MS is US centric, so don't expect much..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon