lets make some noise on twitter. twit #SAVEWINDOWSMOBILE

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
lets make some noise on twitter. twit #SAVEWINDOWSMOBILE

@BillGates @satyanadella @GabeAul @Windows @WinPhoneSupport @windowscentral @windowsdev @tomwarren #SAVEWINDOWSMOBILE

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile isn't dying, the sky is not failing, it does not need saving.

Microsoft is maintaining a strategy of not throwing countless amounts of dollars at increasing market share by a few points. It's been pretty clearly stated what this strategy is and the reasons behind it, but this doesn't seem to stop technology journalists from jumping on the expected revenue figures and proclaiming that Windows Phone is dead and buried.

It's a shame that click-bait journalism wins over rational thought and analysis time and time again...

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I know what you mean.
I had a mini twitter discussion about the same with Daniel Rubino once. He correctly spoke of them as lifestyle articles, not journalism.

Btw, if you already haven't, check out the L950 & L950XL reviews on GSMarena.com - perhaps the least biased, most factual review I have come across. SPOILER: Its a positive review

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I read the GSM reviews a long time ago and commented on how balanced they are. I'm not sure I agree with Daniel's point about the articles being "lifestyle". Click-bait headlines are just that - they get picked up and quoted and spread.

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I read the GSM reviews a long time ago and commented on how balanced they are. I'm not sure I agree with Daniel's point about the articles being "lifestyle". Click-bait headlines are just that - they get picked up and quoted and spread.

When Daniel mentioned "Lifestyle" articles, it was in the context of me pointing out TheVerge's review of the L950 which spoke much less about the phone, its positives and negatives than it did about windows 10 mobile lacking apps, and in general saying the display is passable and the camera is "sufficient", making it less of a phone review than an "experience" review. GSMarena did an eindepth and more technical review actually pointing out how good the display and camera is, and how well it fared overall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon