Why doesn't someone at MS just refute all the "W10M is Dead" claims?

davidjennings68

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
As a new user of Windows phone (950xl) coming from Android to WM it's like a breath is fresh air. I really can't see why WM is getting so much negativity! Try it, you may like it 👍

SynthDude

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft engineer did that via email reply to me saying that if i want popular apps and games that it might be better to switch to one of two other platforms .
Which i did and switched to android, never again windows phone for me lol

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

As a new user of Windows phone (950xl) coming from Android to WM it's like a breath is fresh air. I really can't see why WM is getting so much negativity! Try it, you may like it 👍

Because apps are primitive and os is so limited (try to run more than 16 apps on ur 950xl)
Also there are no even basic apps on platform ,theres just some third party ones that looks bad and lack of featires due to limited os.
I personally emailed so many popular sites such: digitally imported,soundcloud,mixcloud,rabb.it and so on and they all said that they wont update or rebuild their apps due to limited os that noone use.
Well after all look how primitive Skype app is on windows phone compared to android or ios versions lol, if Microsoft cant make their own apps good on their new os what we should expect from smaller devs imao......
Man im so happy i got rid of windows phone garbage xD

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft engineer did that via email reply to me saying that if i want popular apps and games that it might be better to switch to one of two other platforms .
Which i did and switched to android, never again windows phone for me lol

I've heard the same thing from Microsoft reps.... Maybe Windows Phone is NOT dead but, to be honest with you all, It's not too far off.

Not even Microsoft will publicly say it's not dead. They just keep it hanging along, doing the minimum to keep it going. They have done this with other products, minimal effort and it will back fire.

If Microsoft WANTS it to live, They need to put out some new models, Need to ramp up advertising and the BIGGEST thing, Large promotions for Retail sales people, Make it such a good value for sales reps to sell WIndows Phone devices, that they would not make 1/2 the money off selling even the most expensive android or iOS device.

Three phone models for EACH carrier.... Ultra high end (specs crushing iOS or Android), Mid line and cheap entry level models. Choice of models...

By now everyone who has been in the smartphone market for the last few years, Knows of Windows Phone....but, only heard bad things (apps and 3rd party hardware support), change the image, give what people want and show them what it could do. AND just maybe, things could turn around...

The way Microsoft is going, there is only one way it could go.... to be a billion dollar write off for Microsoft (dead)

Because apps are primitive .....

That is something ONLY a Windows Phone / Windows 10 mobile fan would say...

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I let it go several months ago today my wife will get a Android phone and she will let go to. As far as we are concerned, it IS DEAD. My wife hates learning a new phone let alone a new OS, so I know how bad things are when she told me she wanted to change.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Because apps are primitive and os is so limited (try to run more than 16 apps on ur 950xl)

What, specifically, is so limited with the OS?
Run more than 16 apps?? LOLOLOL never tried that before
But just to see what happened I opened 18 apps consecutively and nothing happened. Also every single one of the apps I opened was a 3rd party app installed from the store, nothing native.
What was my phone supposed to implode?????

SynthDude

May 26, 2016
Visit site
What, specifically, is so limited with the OS?
Run more than 16 apps?? LOLOLOL never tried that before
But just to see what happened I opened 18 apps consecutively and nothing happened. Also every single one of the apps I opened was a 3rd party app installed from the store, nothing native.
What was my phone supposed to implode?????

I really dont know what's exactly wrong with os but that what devs keep saying like every single one that i e-mailed , now speaking of more opening apps you could notice that 16 app is max that u can open with 3gb of ram , phones with 1 or 2gb od ram can open just 7 apps

Now just compare how apps look and its features on dead windows phone 8 or 10 it dosent matter with Android or IOS version of same apps

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I really dont know what's exactly wrong with os but that what devs keep saying like every single one that i e-mailed , now speaking of more opening apps you could notice that 16 app is max that u can open with 3gb of ram , phones with 1 or 2gb od ram can open just 7 apps

Now just compare how apps look and its features on dead windows phone 8 or 10 it dosent matter with Android or IOS version of same apps

So you are spewing nothing but opinion and no fact, gotcha.

How do you come to 16 apps max open for 3gb ram? I just told you I opened 18 in a row and nothing happened.
Apps get suspended in the background when they lose focus. If the developer of the app does not support suspending of the app then it will close no matter how many apps are open.

I am a Microsoft developer and among the many other things I develop I also have a app that I built from the ground up.
I can tell you first hand, from my experience, that there is nothing limiting about Windows Phone OS.
In fact the live tile support makes my app able to do things that are simply not possible on Android and iOS.

Please present me some hard facts or at least something remotely based on a fact and not just your own limited opinion.

SynthDude

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I've heard the same thing from Microsoft reps.... Maybe Windows Phone is NOT dead but, to be honest with you all, It's not too far off.

Not even Microsoft will publicly say it's not dead. They just keep it hanging along, doing the minimum to keep it going. They have done this with other products, minimal effort and it will back fire.

If Microsoft WANTS it to live, They need to put out some new models, Need to ramp up advertising and the BIGGEST thing, Large promotions for Retail sales people, Make it such a good value for sales reps to sell WIndows Phone devices, that they would not make 1/2 the money off selling even the most expensive android or iOS device.

Three phone models for EACH carrier.... Ultra high end (specs crushing iOS or Android), Mid line and cheap entry level models. Choice of models...

By now everyone who has been in the smartphone market for the last few years, Knows of Windows Phone....but, only heard bad things (apps and 3rd party hardware support), change the image, give what people want and show them what it could do. AND just maybe, things could turn around...

The way Microsoft is going, there is only one way it could go.... to be a billion dollar write off for Microsoft (dead)

That is something ONLY a Windows Phone / Windows 10 mobile fan would say...

Well see we could say that Symbian phones aint dead too see i do have my old nokia n95 8gb it can call and do text also got some miserable apps on it but you got point :)

Speaking of hardwere top end android haz 6gb of ram while windows phone just 3 (soon to be 4 when hp elite x3 come out)

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
People seem to forget Microsoft isn't the only company making Windows phones. There is also at least HP, Acer, the NuAns Neo, VAIO, Freetel, the HTC One M8, Alcatel, Huawei, Xiaomi, Blu... I might be missing some.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People seem to forget Microsoft isn't the only company making Windows phones. There is also at least HP, Acer, the NuAns Neo, VAIO, Freetel, the HTC One M8, Alcatel, Huawei, Xiaomi, Blu... I might be missing some...

CoShip, Mouse Computer, LG, YEZZ, Unistrong, Funker, Lenovo (coming soon)... I'm sure there are even more out there. A lot of these are regional.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just came from a new cricket store that just opened. I guest they had 20 to 25 Android phones on display, 4 or 5 Apple phones, an one Windows phone (650). They did at least have a display highlighting the phone. But it sure looked lonely sitting there by itself. I thought about asking if anyone had been looking at it. But then thought it was best left alone, alone get it. My wife traded her windows phone for a LG.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why doesn't someone at MS just refute all the "W10M is Dead" claims?

Just came from a new cricket store that just opened. I guest they had 20 to 25 Android phones on display, 4 or 5 Apple phones, an one Windows phone (650). They did at least have a display highlighting the phone. But it sure looked lonely sitting there by itself.

My local Walmart no longer has any Windows Phones at all. Not on Cricket, T-Mobile, GoPhone, AT&T, Verizon, Straight Talk, Sprint, Family Mobile, or any other carrier. Even the unlocked BLU WPs are gone. I thought about asking a wireless rep the reason they dropped them, but I haven't.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well see we could say that Symbian phones aint dead too see i do have my old nokia n95 8gb it can call and do text also got some miserable apps on it but you got point :)

Speaking of hardwere top end android haz 6gb of ram while windows phone just 3 (soon to be 4 when hp elite x3 come out)

Yea...You could also say the same for Blackberry (No not the ANDROID based new ones, as they are just android devices made by blackberry).

Android device have 6gb of memory (some high end models) but, has anyone actually seen a Windows Phone/Windows 10 mobile app that actually requires more than 2gb ? I cant say I have...

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile: already half-dead

I stumbled upon this site, All About Windows Phone, (All About Windows Phone), where the authors are also Windows Phone fans but very objective and detailed especially when it comes to smartphone cameras and photography.

What I noticed upon reading their reviews is the prevailing suggestion of the authors to keeps phones like Nokia Lumia 1020 to Windows Phone 8.1. Windows 10 update on these phones removed stereo recording on videos captured, which is a defining, slap-in-your-face feature against some flagships like the iPhone 6.
This will hamper the update of some users (if not most) towards Windows 10 mobile, definitely putting the nail in the coffin for these devices.

Second point for discussion, I've read Windows Central's article on Windows 10 being left out for Pokemon Go. This Pokemon Go is the next craze for consumers out there, but instead Satya Nadella (and most Windows fans in the comments section) focused on the industry/business side of AR. Pokemon Go, like other globally popular apps out there, won't be just a simple game. It will also be a source of revenue via ads, partnerships, etc., among other things to come.

What did Satya did? He put money on LinkedIn.

Bottomline is, Windows 10 Mobile seems to remain centered for business use, but majority of users aren't like that. That's why I think Windows 10 Mobile will put off more potential users (but will not kill the mobile division totally).

xchaser

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am really getting pissed off of all this silent treatment we are getting as to the life of wm10. They should at least come out and say "hey windows 10 mobile fans please hang in there will not forget you or leave you behind". Give us hope to hang by a string or something. I just wonder with the Anniversary Update just a few days a ways I don't even see a press event or nothing to the fact of news to the Update or to the mobile part.

A really, really Pissed off Fan.:devil:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My local Walmart no longer has any Windows Phones at all. Not on Cricket, T-Mobile, GoPhone, AT&T, Verizon, Straight Talk, Sprint, Family Mobile, or any other carrier. Even the unlocked BLU WPs are gone. I thought about asking a wireless rep the reason they dropped them, but I haven't.

all those phones have been sent to markets where carriers do not mess with phone buying decisions and where customers actually want windows phones :winktongue:

Just kidding above.

Stocks are being depleted - that is noticeable.

I stumbled upon this site, All About Windows Phone, (All About Windows Phone), where the authors are also Windows Phone fans but very objective and detailed especially when it comes to smartphone cameras and photography.

What I noticed upon reading their reviews is the prevailing suggestion of the authors to keeps phones like Nokia Lumia 1020 to Windows Phone 8.1. Windows 10 update on these phones removed stereo recording on videos captured, which is a defining, slap-in-your-face feature against some flagships like the iPhone 6.
This will hamper the update of some users (if not most) towards Windows 10 mobile, definitely putting the nail in the coffin for these devices.

Second point for discussion, I've read Windows Central's article on Windows 10 being left out for Pokemon Go. This Pokemon Go is the next craze for consumers out there, but instead Satya Nadella (and most Windows fans in the comments section) focused on the industry/business side of AR. Pokemon Go, like other globally popular apps out there, won't be just a simple game. It will also be a source of revenue via ads, partnerships, etc., among other things to come.

What did Satya did? He put money on LinkedIn.

Bottomline is, Windows 10 Mobile seems to remain centered for business use, but majority of users aren't like that. That's why I think Windows 10 Mobile will put off more potential users (but will not kill the mobile division totally).

you're right about the 1020 not having stereo recording when on W10M. Forum users here have also taken note of that
Linkedin deal was done some time back while the game was released a few days ago. You can't expect the CEO to be all knowing when the next game or app will come out so he can buy it. He along with the MS board made the decision to buy the company based on present and future potential.

If you haven't noticed, MS is leaning quite a bit towards businesses and enterprise and not just depending on ordinary consumers who buy windows or office software once in a lifetime.

The consumer market is very fluid while the business market is less fluid but more profitable. You can try selling devices to 5000 people spread across a whole country or sell them to one company who will probably renew the contract for more devices and software

Last edited by a moderator:

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 640 that was upgraded to W10 by AT&T, when they rise from the ashes I will take it out of the drawer it is resting in now. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99