Could this be the Surface AIO?

Gustav A

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
The screen looks neat. Not sure about the "stand", but I'm sure it'd look great on the real deal. If this is real, I do hope some of the internal hardware is stored inside the base, and that it comes in different versions. I need a pro AIO.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Looks promising and fewer upgrade options. More likely everything needs to be maxed during buying. It could be a massive hit if MS gives away free TB eGPU boxes along with Pascal gpu to beat iMacs in terms of graphics horsepower.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If it was modular in some way so you can do upgrades by buying separate modules like GPU module, CPU module, that would be great.

Surface book you can upgrade by just buying the keyboard with higher specs. So maybe the same will go for that base stand.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I guess this is from a patent application - a side note: must the drawings be so low on detail? You would think they could make it look better :cool:

TechZeke

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hoping for MXM GTX 1060s or 1070s in a high end model.

If they give it the ability to easily upgrade the storage and RAM, they'd have winner.

I'm also hoping they don't go the Surface Book route. I understand why it had a 15W CPU(Screen had to be tablet) but it doesn't change the fact that it's as expensive as 15" Retina MacBook Pro with a quad core processor. It's going to be non-sense if you're going to pay iMac 5K price for a dual core i5 with GT 940M. Unforntunately, it looks like the internals would stuck inside a Mac Mini type enclosure under the display. I'd much prefer an iMac style design using the entire area behind the display for the computer which would allow for more high performance components. That little box under the display worries me.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hoping for MXM GTX 1060s or 1070s in a high end model.

If they give it the ability to easily upgrade the storage and RAM, they'd have winner.

I'm also hoping they don't go the Surface Book route. I understand why it had a 15W CPU(Screen had to be tablet) but it doesn't change the fact that it's as expensive as 15" Retina MacBook Pro with a quad core processor. It's going to be non-sense if you're going to pay iMac 5K price for a dual core i5 with GT 940M. Unforntunately, it looks like the internals would stuck inside a Mac Mini type enclosure under the display. I'd much prefer an iMac style design using the entire area behind the display for the computer which would allow for more high performance components. That little box under the display worries me.

If you want those things, just get an aio from HP or Dell. You don't need to wait for MS to do it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

TechZeke

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
If you want those things, just get an aio from HP or Dell. You don't need to wait for MS to do it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Not really. The Dell XPS One 27 hasn't been updated for years. It's still using a 750M for goodness sake. HP's AIO's are all using low power CPUs and graphics.

Oddly enough, despite the hate Apple gets, the iMac is the only decent AIO right now. A true competitor from Microsoft that is actually upgrade-able will be a home-run.

impromark

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I wonder is any sort of detachability is going to be a part of it. This sketch seems convertible, in that you can use it more as a drawing surface (hah! I get it!) than as a workstations if need be, but like most laptops it could have some element of portability so you can literally take it to show what you're working on. That, or continuum may finally get a decent bmp for the enterprise so I can do stuff at my desk and one-click show it to my boss after walking to his office.

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss