These are the specifications that I would like for Microsoft to bring to the table

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Design: Industrial all metal design (Kind of like the Lumia 930 But all Metal), almost bezel-less and not slippery. It would also be great if the front Microsoft logo were white back-lit and would blink whenever you had a notification or something.

Display: 5"/5.5"/6" Super AMOLED 2K Screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4

Chipset: Intel Core M

Memory: 64/128/256 GB with microSD slot and 4/6/8 GB RAM

Rear Camera: 25 MP with Triple Led Flash and Laser Focus

Front Camera: 8 MP with a Front-Facing Flash

Battery: 5000 mAh

Speakers: Something like what iPads offer

Other Features: Water and dustproof and Stylus

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Design: Industrial all metal design (Kind of like the Lumia 930 But all Metal), almost bezel-less and not slippery. It would also be great if the front Microsoft logo were white back-lit and would blink whenever you had a notification or something.

899 $

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid reality may require us to cut the processor and RAM configurations. Or it'll just make the Elite X3 look like a budget model.

The BLU Energy line of phones do give me hope about cramming a 5k mAh battery in though.

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I honestly don't mind paying that since this can easily be used as a second pc thanks to continuum and will work for a few years

You realize it'll be 1/2" thick, weigh 8oz. (1/2 pound) and cost over $1k. Would you like fries with that?

I actually like my phone to be a bit heavy because it makes it feel more premium and also as long as I have that battery which will probably last 2 days without charging I'd be more than happy with the thickness. Besides we both know that's an exaggeration ;)

I'm afraid reality may require us to cut the processor and RAM configurations. Or it'll just make the Elite X3 look like a budget model.

The BLU Energy line of phones do give me hope about cramming a 5k mAh battery in though.

This is what the Surface line-up offers. They make impossible possible, that's why they're so popular and are making profit

Last edited by a moderator:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The Surface line is also constrained by physics and current technology too you know!
Not to mention the Surface line is limited to PCs right now. I wouldn't bet the farm on an upcoming Surface phone if the McLaren is any example. If the HP Elite, Acer Primo and the upcoming Alcatel Idol Pro make a dent in the market, why would Microsoft bother? That's been their MO all along right?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention the Surface line is limited to PCs right now. I wouldn't bet the farm on an upcoming Surface phone if the McLaren is any example. If the HP Elite, Acer Primo and the upcoming Alcatel Idol Pro make a dent in the market, why would Microsoft bother? That's been their MO all along right?

I still have faith that a Unicorn will walk out of the forest in Spring of 2017...

Achike Da

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well...MSFT bothers because it wants to show OEMs the direction It wants to go, and the direction the should be going. Kinda like the surface pros.

Originally posted by fatclue_98
Originally Posted by xandros9
The Surface line is also constrained by physics and current technology too you know!

Achike Da

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Lemme take a few and modify them off that list.
Almost bezel-less..... edged preferably. Super slim & light. Metallic premium looking body.
A Start, MSFT logo at the lower end of the device that glows (subtle glow) & doubles as a fingerprint reader.
Most of the hardware specs described below AND (hardest part of this post....drumroll) sold unlocked at $150 (max)
...... Hear me out pple (& MSFT).
to boost the windows mobile platform, MSFT needs to get their best phones in the hands of pple. Even if they have to take a loss for it.
Currently low end Windows Phones are in the hands of pple who just got it cuz they desperately needed a phone to call with. They don't get to experience lots of the features (& speed or camera capabilities) available on high end phones. And that's the market a lot of the high-end-looking-not-so-popular android phone makers are taking from pple who switch from Windows Phones.
MSFT needs to subsidize the surface phone coming out in 2017. It's a (kinda) win-win scenario. IF the percentage adoption of windows (high-end) phone stays as low as it is now, then that's not a lot of subsidy money coming out of MSFT BUT if the price and specs drive a high number of pple to the surface phone, then you can be sure of a higher percentage retainership in the windows phone ecosystem even after 18 months when new normally priced flagships would arrive.

Originally posted by UniZebra

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by UniZebra

why not xenon flash?

MarCou

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. Right. And it should be delivered straight to the door by elf with flying unicorn and when door is opened the choir of fairies start to sing a song composed by Santa Claus.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Right. And it should be delivered straight to the door by elf with flying unicorn and when door is opened the choir of fairies start to sing a song composed by Santa Claus.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

That's unrealistic! I mean, does Santa Claus even compose? Otherwise, yea lets toss in the rest of those. I suppose Microsoft could always invade USPS turf.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos