HIKE to end windows phone support

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Sad :(
One by one they are all going out.
Even though the app will exist, no new features will be added.
No reason for me to use my Lumia anymore.

At least, they are keeping the app, unlike others who have took their apps off the store.
Ultimately question is, who is killing Windwos 10 ?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Oh no, this is really sad. :( That sucks for everyone that uses Hike.

To me, it's really bad for messenger apps to just go.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Sad :(
One by one they are all going out.
Even though the app will exist, no new features will be added.
No reason for me to use my Lumia anymore.

At least, they are keeping the app, unlike others who have took their apps off the store.
Ultimately question is, who is killing Windwos 10 ?

It's a windows 8 app not windows 10. All windows 8 apps will lose support. When the main company that developed it ends support and pulls apps, others will follow. The question is whether companies will eventually create a windows 10 app. That will really be dictated by the market and what MS can do with all their new initiatives.

Windows 10 is about a new era and I don't think MS wants their old phone shares related to the new windows 10 shares. I also think MS eventually wants to rid all windows 8 apps that are in windows 10 store by either getting proper replacements for windows 10 or removing them. Eventually this will allow them to remove the compatibility layers in windows 10 to make it more efficient. Win32 is in the same boat but it is such a big ecosystem it will take years. Windows 8 app ecosystem is small.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I am increasingly seeking out only apps which work on all 3 platforms so whatever someone uses I can suggest apps that they could use agnostically. For example Fidelity or Bank of America are services I can recommend because their apps hit all platforms. And yes I watch all 3 for either drops or apps that become abandonware because I will stop putting them in my recommendations list. I think that apps everywhere is going to be a lot more key to keeping customers in the years ahead. It also demonstrates more tech savvy on the part of the service provider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb