WP Office: Slow to Update Changes

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed it takes a long time for Windows Phone Office to correctly show folder and file changes. Even forcing a refresh either takes forever or doesn't show the change. This occurs on both our HTC 8X (8.1) and Lumia 521 (8.0), but the OneDrive app always updates quickly.

For example, if I move a file or subfolder to another location in a new or different folder, it may be hours or days before the change displays. Often if I try to view or open the file or folder in the old location I'll get an error message. A couple of times I've had to reset Office on both phones to fix the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think current Office is just decrepit on mobile.

I'm assuming the universal Office touch would be the one we're all waiting for and the one MS is working on, not the current one probably. (Sheer speculation)

Personally, I'm a light Office user and recent documents updates just fine, haven't really delved into Office enough to comment on that I think.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
As a follow up, Office eventually catches up with the correct folder/file status if I leave Office open a while and don't let the phone sleep. It sometimes takes 15 or 20 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa