(Office 2013) Powerpoint not working

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
After performing a system update on my Surface RT (first gen.) I found that I was unable to open Powerpoint, even though Word and Excel still work. I have shut down and restarted the system several times and Powerpoint still won't open, and I get the following error message: Screenshot (78).jpg
It then brings up the following message when trying to reopen Powerpoint: Screenshot (79).jpg
The device then tries to reinstall Powerpoint, it can't for some reason, so brings up this message: Screenshot (81).jpg

If anyone knows how I can get office can you please get back to me!

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem on my Surface 2. And for my mother's S2 it's the same...
I don't have a fix or anything but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone and help spread the word.

MS needs to fix this ASAP!!! I need Powerpoint on friday...

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Well its good to know that i'm not the only one experiencing problems, I'm going to get in touch with Microsoft tomorrow and try to sort it out :)

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I also have the same Problem... tried to reset my surface to faculty settings but didn't change a thing...
Hey,

by "reset my surface to faculty settings", do you mean you wiped the whole thing clean so it was just like when you first bought it? Because if you do, it's quite devastating news that not even this can fix it...

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I did a 'refresh' (system restore) and powerpoint worked fine, it must be a new update which has rendered powerpoint useless :/ hope this gets fixed soon!

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
KB2920732, This update is currently unavailable. It is being revised to address an issue that is under investigation. The update will be restored when the issue is resolved.

They know they broke PowerPoint (hope they know they broke it on all Office RT systems), however, why do they not allow uninstall of Office RT patches?

Guess that proves they do not test their patches...

Luben

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes but I also ran the updates again since I didn't expect the update to mess this up. So rolling them back or not installing the latest ones should solve the problem.

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
OK, Microsoft...

So I recommend you wait for them to fix what they broke...

But did a search for PPINTL.DLL.* found older versions in the C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed...

Now I found two versions: 15.0.4569 and 15.0.4505.

They have a name like PPINTL.DLL.1033, renamed the existing file under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\1033 from PPINTL.DLL to PPINTL.DLL.NEW. Copied the latest version (in my case 15.0.4569) from the installer cache..

PowerPoint starts and works...

FYI When Microsoft does fix this, I would rename the file copied, and rename the old one back before applying Microsoft's Fix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124