A few questions regarding Office 365

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The ASUS TransformerBook T200TA that I have recently purchased included a one year subscription to Office 365 Personal. However, since I already have an Office 2007 Ultimate license and don't really see the point of paying a monthly/yearly fee for the priviledge of using a more recent version of Office (plus I have absolutely no use for neither free Skype minutes nor OneDrive) I was thinking about selling it again.

I have three questions though that I have not been able to find definite answers for:

1. I've bought the laptop used - is there a way to find out whether or not this subscription has already been activated without activating it myself?
2. Does this thing ever expire? As in "if not activated until 12/31/2016 it will expire for good"?
3. The laptop was originally purchased in the Netherlands, hence the Office 365 box included is dutch. Does this mean I can only download and activate the dutch version of Office 365 or does the key also work with the English (or any other language) version thereof?

SBoelitz

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
1. No, well not a way I am aware of....
2. If the code is on like a card it should say on it... if it doesn't then possibly note however from general experience these things generally last about 3-6 months....
3. No you can download in any language.

tuck229

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Not everyone needs O365. Honestly, when Microsoft announced it, I thought "What a dumb idea." Then I bought a tablet and O365 1-yr subscription came with it. I actually like O365. I have one TB of online storage, which can be really handy, especially as I am transitioning to Surface-only and no desktop/laptop any more.

Office 2007 would be tough for me to have to go back to, but if it works for you, it saves you a little bit of money.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have three questions though that I have not been able to find definite answers for:

1. I've bought the laptop used - is there a way to find out whether or not this subscription has already been activated without activating it myself?
No problem. Long story short, while on chat (on the MS page to buy Office 365) I asked a question that the rep did not understand but he asked for my license code (it had not been installed yet). He looked it up and told me the status (which I already knew and wasn't asking about). So, yeah just do a chat and ask the status of that license.
2. Does this thing ever expire? As in "if not activated until 12/31/2016 it will expire for good"?
I have more licenses than I need so asked that and the rep said it will be good as long as there is an Office 365. You decide if reps are reliable.
3. The laptop was originally purchased in the Netherlands, hence the Office 365 box included is dutch. Does this mean I can only download and activate the dutch version of Office 365 or does the key also work with the English (or any other language) version thereof?
When I installed the English copy, I had to select language. So its probably the same with yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion