365 account vs Outlook, I'm confused!

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
JUST university gives its students an Office 365 student account to be the main communication way, it has Mail, calendar, tasks, and people the same as Outlook, I want to know:
++ what are the differences between 365 and outlook?
++ is it possible to connect two accounts together? or it's better to keep them separated?

thank you in advanced :)

michael nabil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Office 365 is a subscription for office(word,excel,PowerPoint etc.). It costs money.

Outlook is an email account.its free. Outlook application that comes with office is used to check email manage contacts etc.

The two are not related. If you need more help pm me.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
JUST university gives its students an Office 365 student account to be the main communication way, it has Mail, calendar, tasks, and people the same as Outlook, I want to know:
++ what are the differences between 365 and outlook?
++ is it possible to connect two accounts together? or it's better to keep them separated?

thank you in advanced :)

I'm in the same boat.

It has some extra bells and whistles you wont use most likely. You get Office on your computer, etc.

Here's how I have it set up:

I use both emails.
only my personal OneDrive.
Office subscription courtesy the school.
On my phone I sign in with my personal MS account and add my school account to unlock all the features.
only my personal calendar
only my personal contacts, although I can connect to my school's contact DB.

I don't use Tasks.
Email has more bells and whistles I think.
You can't connect them together directly, but devices you use them on can blend them somewhat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon