Why doesn't my Office Remote connect?

NeoDerGrosse

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Office Remote doesn't connect

Hi,
I used Office Remote almost since its release and I really liked it. Especially since the update to 1.1 it was the most powerful remote tool for presentations I could imagine. I considered buying a presenter like the Logitech ones, but they lack so many features.

I haven't held a presentation for quite some time and when I prepared for my last one I realized that the app doesn't work anymore. Since my last working presentation I installed Windows 10 and Office 2016. I read that Office 2016 had some issues with showing the remote plugin but they should have been fixed. I never reinstalled the plugin when upgrading Office, it just migrated from Office 2013.
The problem is, when I turn on the remote tool and try to connect from my phone it couldn't establish the connection. The devices are paired, Office Remote is activated and Bluetooth is active on both devices. I reinstalled both, the phone app an the plugin, I repaired my devices (although using Bluetooth for activating my hotspot does work), nothing worked.

Does someone know how to fix this? I got my Bachelor presentation upcoming and I really don't want to miss this tool, although I could easily afford a separate remote, but those can't show notes and my slides.

epm

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I have similar problem. OR works with new desktop w/Windows 10 and Office 2016 but fails to connect with laptop w/ Windows 10 upgrade and Office 2016. Devices are paired with both computers. Using latest McAfee.

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a few different Windows Phone devices, and it works fine in Office 2016 and a Windows 8.1 phone (Lumia 635, HTC 8x), but not with a Windows 10 phone (Lumia 950). Perhaps W10M has broken it?

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried it with office 2016 yet, but on office 2013, sometimes it wouldn't work until I rebooted my laptop for some reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes