Outlook.com -> Office 365 migration

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

Still waiting for my Outlook.com account to migrate towards Office 365. We had news this spring that it would be done progressively, but now time passes, we'll soon be in July and I still have the old Outlook.com with its drawbacks (old EAS...) I just wonder why it is still not accomplished.

My question: is there a workaround to force the migration? Would be nice for insiders and power users, instead of waiting, waiting... ;-)

Thx for any help/info!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello all!

Still waiting for my Outlook.com account to migrate towards Office 365. We had news this spring that it would be done progressively, but now time passes, we'll soon be in July and I still have the old Outlook.com with its drawbacks (old EAS...) I just wonder why it is still not accomplished.

My question: is there a workaround to force the migration? Would be nice for insiders and power users, instead of waiting, waiting... ;-)

Thx for any help/info!

have you tried contacting MS support fr outlook/office 365?

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
have you tried contacting MS support fr outlook/office 365?

Thx for your answer. In fact no. I've doubts they will take care of one isolated user (I suppose these migrations are done in masses, per country, per language).
Which support would you advise? I'm rather doubtful about answers.microsoft.com...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Thx fot this link :) Indeed I could have a chat with someone, getting some information:

"Unfortunately. There is no other workaround to force customer for the migration since they take it by regions only"
"There was no exact timeframe on when all accounts over the world would be done."

News are not so good (no workaround, no timeframe), but I could get some info anyway...

stga77

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Outlook.com -> Office 365 migration

I'm also waiting for my account to migrate to the new version.
I did find info from an article written by Mary Jo Foley (former MS).
She wrote that one reason some accounts ain't updated yet is because they have a shared calendar activated. This is a big problem for MS and those accounts are being put aside. Perhaps there are other reasons as well that some accounts ain't being updated that we don't know about.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte