Microsoft confirms: Word only compatible up to 1920x1080 resolution

Jack Dowson

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I contacted Microsoft through live chat today, because I am experiencing issues with certain heavy documents running so slow that even moving or resizing an image can take 5 seconds, and a "not responding" lock up.

Microsoft have told me that my screen resolution is too high for Microsoft Word (365 edition). So, it is officially confirmed. If you have a screen resolution higher than 1920x1080, then Word is incompatible. Here is the chat:

https://s23.postimg.org/gmi0h2oop/mschat.png

So the upshot is, if you are using a screen resolution higher than this you may not be able to get support. Also, be prepared to be told to turn your resolution down when working with large Word documents...

I'm a bit puzzled

Attachments

• mschat.jpg
    mschat.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 9

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
1920x1080 is not the maximum resolution. Resolution is based mostly on CPU performance and partly on GPS performance. The common solution to poor system performance is to lower resolution. If you have a document that is very large or has many images, resolution can severely impact performance. The tech is trying to give a simple answer to a complex question. Nobody wants to hear that their PC is too slow and that they should upgrade their system. It's been estimated that 1 year is 15 years in computer terms. So a 5 year old PC is 75 and ready to be retired.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss