Outlook for Web, suddenly shows ads that look like emails

Qyygle

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
So suddenly today, I noticed that Microsoft has added an incredibly annoying feature in the outlook for web.
When I signed onto the web client of outlook, I noticed that on the list where the emails show up, the top-most email has now been permanently replaced with an ad that looks EXACTLY like an unopened email.
Outlook Spam.JPG
I'm not against ads in outlook. I'm ok with the sidebar ads that appear all the time. But why, why... would anyone do this. This is terrible. It's basically forcing unintended clicks on the ads, simply because people will think it's one of their emails. The click area for the add is exactly the same size as an email box. There's just no select box, so even if someone thinks its spam and tries to delete it, they'll just open the ad.

This is infuriating. Has anyone else encountered this?
It's literally in the vein of one of those old virus/malware attack links from the 2000's only this time, it's Microsoft itself that's done it. Is this permanent? If it is allowed to stay this way, I am seriously considering going back to Gmail.
When you're trying to convince people that Windows isn't stealing all your info and choices, this is just a pathetic move.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After the "try Edge!" popups, preinstalled shortcuts to store apps, "tips" and ads in their Solitaire collection I feel this is just a natural progression.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos