I knew I was right to wait!

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Surface RT was good, but the new Surface is great! It looks like most of the kinks have been worked out and we get a 1080p screen in a thinner and lighter package! The only screwy bit I see is that Office still hasn't been moved over to metro... but... freaking backlight keyboards, man! This thing is awesome!

EDIT: and then it also comes with not only Office but extra Skype features and honking 200gb of Skydrive storage!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I didn't wait, and I don't regret if for a second. But I definitely am excited about the Surface 2. The laptop we keep next to the kitchen is dying. I think I can convince the wife to replace it with a new one and docking station. And she can still undock it to play her games on the sofa. Something she can't do with the laptop. Maybe I should start letting her use mine now to start planting the seeds.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
According to Paul Thurrott the docking station is only for Surface Pros. I'll grab his link and find another one to back it up.

I was afraid of that, but it was a fun wish while it lasted. Still think I can sell a new one to the wife without it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Still happy to have my RT. My girl needs a new tablet. Guess who's getting an original Surface RT in Oct. while someone gets a Surface 2. :wink:

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Surface RT was good, but the new Surface is great! It looks like most of the kinks have been worked out and we get a 1080p screen in a thinner and lighter package! The only screwy bit I see is that Office still hasn't been moved over to metro... but... freaking backlight keyboards, man! This thing is awesome!

EDIT: and then it also comes with not only Office but extra Skype features and honking 200gb of Skydrive storage!
Yeah, it looks really fantastic, and without reservation (app shortages aside). I really couldn't say that about Surface RT, which was very well designed but lacking in performance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb