Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you going to buy a Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

127 61.06%
  • No

34 16.35%
  • Undecided

47 22.60%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Global Posts
    3,584 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    The poll question pretty much says it all... are you going to buy a new Surface 2 Tablet? Tell us why (or why NOT) in the thread below!
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    Muessig and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm undecided because for 499$ I feel the Non-Pro Surface just does not offers enough value for its price tag. The Pro 2 has more meat in its bones, but I think I can't afford it yet.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Yes, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,YES....

Certainly so!

I'M GOING TO PRE-ORDER STRAIGHT AWAY BEST LOOKING TABLET EVER!!!
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,275 Global Posts
    Even though Windows RT has become a complete flop, developers continue to make ARM apps, likely thanks to the ease of creating both a Windows 8 and ARM version. I'm guessing that as long as Windows 8 continues to gain marketshare, RT apps will continue to trickle out. With that in mind, I feel comfortable about buying another RT tablet. I already have 4 computers running a version of Windows. I can survive without legacy apps.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I would love to have a Pro 2, but the pricing... 1300$ for 8GB/256GB is a lot of money.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Oh yes. This is what I've been waiting for.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Not going to buy. To costly. Paid $296.00 for my new 64gb Surface RT. Sure not going to pay $449 for a 32gb Surface 2.

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    No. At this point the Asus T100 64GB model with full keyboard dock and Windows 8 at $400 is more appealing and cost effective at this point for me.
    Thanked by:
    JKing106, Tom Snyder and MrCartas like this.

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I answered "No".

Having picked up a 32GB RT w/TouchCover for $199 and the continued irritation caused by a lack of quality apps I find it impossible to justify spending $525 for a comparable Surface 2 bundle.

Global Posts
    1,349 Global Posts
    No because im more set on the Pro 2. Surface 2 just doesn't have enough power to be used what I need it for.
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    I like RT and am looking forward to implementing a private cloud, but find the Lumia tablet more appealing, especially with the Qualcomm hardware.

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    It looks good but I just got a Surface RT so I'm not buying anything for awhile...

Global Posts
    1,662 Global Posts
    I will wait for price drops on the surface pro and pick one of those up. I have been waiting awhile

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    In a perfect world yes, but my world is far from perfect.

I have a Surface RT, which I really love, but I'm seriously tempted to get the Surface 2 for the faster processor and 1080p screen. I also like that it's slightly thinner and lighter than the RT. However, I'm wondering if I should hold out to see what the Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet has to offer. One question I have is how does the Surface 2's 1.7 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor compare to the 2.15 GHz quad-core Qualcomm 8974 processor that is rumored to be in the Lumia 2520? Are they comparable, or would one be significantly faster than the other? I would love to see WPCentral do a comparison of the Surface 2's specs with the Lumia 2520's rumored specs.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    From what I gather the Krait S4 in the XPS 10 outperformed the Tegra 3 in the original Surface RT. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same here.

My Surface RT died last night, Will be hoping I can pay a little more for my replacement and get the Surface 2.

Quote Originally Posted by EBynum View Post
    I have a Surface RT, which I really love, but I'm seriously tempted to get the Surface 2 for the faster processor and 1080p screen. I also like that it's slightly thinner and lighter than the RT. However, I'm wondering if I should hold out to see what the Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet has to offer. One question I have is how does the Surface 2's 1.7 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor compare to the 2.15 GHz quad-core Qualcomm 8974 processor that is rumored to be in the Lumia 2520? Are they comparable, or would one be significantly faster than the other? I would love to see WPCentral do a comparison of the Surface 2's specs with the Lumia 2520's rumored specs.
    I do not like the Nokia 10.1 screen ratio the Surface 10.6 is great for watching movies when flying. I hardly ever use the on board screens anymore. Also love the touch pad and type pads.

No, but I would love someone forever if they bought one for me. The sexiness, the sleekness, the colors, the music kit, ahhhhh!!!

I'm not getting the Surface 2, only because I will be getting the Surface Pro 2. Already have two Surface RT's.
    Proud Windows Phone owner since October 11, 2010.

I'm looking forward to purchase one, and the Surface Pro 2 (to replace my aging Acer S3). I will keep my Surface 1 until Microsoft (Nokia) releases a "mini."

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    I'm not decided. I don't know what mobile device will work best for my needs. I don't want to overspend on features that I will not use. On my list are the Surface Pro, Lenovo Yoga 2, Lenovo Carbon X1, and a Chromebook. I do primarily web surfing. Sometimes, I do need to do some .pdf creating and editing. The Chrome web apps seem to work well for me, as well I like using Google apps.

PIN
    No
    Yep, I'm getting one.

I'm almost as excited as an Apple fanboi waiting for the next gen iPad.
    Pete________________________________________
    Lumia 1520 | Surface 3 Pro | Xbox One | Office 365
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone Consumer
    Stefan Holder likes this.

I timed this completely wrong.... I binned my ipad for the surface 64GB RT about 5 months ago for 450 (so over $700).
    About a month later then dropped the prices by 120 ffs
    and now, a few months again, I find it's being superseded. , Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I can't swallow the potential huge loss on my current RT ti get a new one... so I'll probably hold fire for the RT3 at some point.
    I don't really have any huge issues with the RT anyway.

I got my Surface RT day 1 in Australia and due to the currency conversion paid more than US pricing. So I am in the same boat as you. To be honest, I don't have any issues with my Surface RT today. My issue is me, getting the Surface 2 is a want, not a need. :D
    benrp, berty6294 and rav16 like this.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast