So.. Anyone else have this happen to them?

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
New Surface 2 with an old type cover. Apparently the bottom wasn't aligned properly to the openings so when I attached my type cover, it caught the lip of what looks to be a sticker that covers the bottom and yanked it off alignment.

I don't remember a sticker on the original RT.

WP_20131023_13_05_54_Pro.jpg

TheCodifier

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Is it a sticker you are supposed to remove when unboxing the device?

I am receiving mine today, so I can't answer that question but it looks like a protective sticker.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
New Surface 2 with an old type cover. Apparently the bottom wasn't aligned properly to the openings so when I attached my type cover, it caught the lip of what looks to be a sticker that covers the bottom and yanked it off alignment.

I don't remember a sticker on the original RT.

View attachment 47697

return it. i remember seeing a video on youtube where a guy said he detached his touch cover one day and that little sticker strip came off magnets and all. he had to have the unit replaced.if i can find the video, i'll post it.

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
No, you're not supposed to remove it. I can see underneath it and it looks like it covers up potentially some screw ports and the magnet that grabs the keyboard covers. I have a service appointment today so hopefully I can get just a swap out.

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just an update. Went into the Microsoft store and they swapped it out, no questions asked. Once again their service is just incredible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb