Netflix app crashes during startup

Morten Hellevik

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a fully updated Surface 2, and everything is 100%,
except that the Netflix app crashes.

I press the tile, and the full screen red Netflix-page comes up with
the rotating dots, and then the screen returns to startup-page.

I have uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled, but nothing helps.

It is a bit of a letdown to watch Netflix via IE, but it works :eck:

Suggestions, anyone?

Brgds
Morten, Bergen, Norway.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I know its not very useful to you at the moment, but a similar thing happened to me a few months ago; none of the Bing apps would work. The same thing would happen; I would get to the splash screen where the app would hang, before crashing and going back to the start screen. This was the same for both accounts on the device and even creating new accounts, followed by doing a system refresh, did not fix it.

However, after a week or so, the problem rectified itself and the apps started working again. So perhaps this is the only thing you can do; as of right now however I would suggest opening up the task manager (either Ctrl + Alt + Del or Ctrl + Shift + Etc) and ending the background process manually before trying the app again. If it still doesn't work, then let your battery run completely flat, let it charge fully and then try again. If this STILL doesn't work, then all I can suggest is waiting for a week or so.

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Just remember the magic words to fix any windows problem, "reboot and see if it works". :winktongue:

Morten Hellevik

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I chatted with Netflix support about this, and got the following reply:

Netflix Crystal :
Thanks so much for hanging in there with me. Hey Morten, you are a saver! It appears its an issue on our end and this is something that we will be working to get resolved so you can be up and running. What we would love for you to do is to try back later on but in the meantime, you can use the desktop mode. Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Sounded awfully like a Bot, but who knows?
I will certainly try back later :)

I will report back with any developments, as I might not be the only one with this problem?

Morten

TerjeF

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
same trouble With my two 2520... Chatted With support, they should check up and get back to me.... WebVersion is always a option... - but App is better... :)

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I spent 43 bucks for a refurbished blueray dvd player that supports netflix and a few other services instead. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb