Surface 2 w/ LTE

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
People who have this device and have connected it successfully to T-Mobile.. Have you had problems with the LTE? I'm currently taking advantage of the free 1 gigabyte of data for tablets add on that T-Mobile has. I actually have been doing this since I bought my surface about 2-3 months ago? Wow it's only been 2-3 months.. I use this device every minute that it feels like longer.

Well, the problem is that he LTE on the device goes away and goes down to 4g or edge, and mostly edge. That's annoying. I haven't complained yet because in not even paying for the data (technically just a tax of about 1 dollar a month. But tax makes sense to pay).

The question: does anyone have these connection problems using their surface LTE at T-Mobile?
My APN setting: fast.T-Mobile.com

Has anyone that had the problem found a fix?

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The Surface 2 LTE is verified to work on the AT&T network however with T-Mobile if you are not in an area with HSPA/LTE coverage it will not work and no software will fix that.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The Surface 2 LTE is verified to work on the AT&T network however with T-Mobile if you are not in an area with HSPA/LTE coverage it will not work and no software will fix that.

Understandable. But the signal comes and go. My area is covered, definitely, considering there are iPads on the network.. And my phone works where I am.

In other words, area coverage is definitely not the problem.

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been using T-Mobile with my Surface 2 w/ LTE and have not had any problems. I have it set to roaming - but other then that - I have not had any problems...

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if it helps - but since T-Mobile does not have any downside for roaming (e.g. they don't charge you more for roaming here in the US and in a slew of countries) - it didn't seem like it would be a problem to keep it on. I have not been charged anything and it seems to be working pretty well....

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to see if it helps and I wanted to know If your device received the July update yesterday which updates the modem?

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to see if it helps and I wanted to know If your device received the July update yesterday which updates the modem?

I haven't applied the update yet. I will sometime this week. I haven't tried the roaming thing either. But I'll let you know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)