Why isn't my touch screen working on my Surface 2?

LongTrail

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
There's a similar thread going on in general forum: "Get Help & Give Help", the thread is titled:

Why isn't my Surface 2 Touchscreen working after update?

Also, on the MS community site, please post on the MS site so we can get some help from Microsoft, you can bing/google for this:

Surface 2 - August 2015 Automatic Updates have Broken all Touchscreen capabilities!

Justin2015

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Draining the battery and then restarting without the keyboard attached worked for me! Thank you for posting this solution!!

Justin Oct. 8, 2015

gedwardc

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
For all those Surface 2 owners whose touchscreens stopped working after a Windows update:

I' ve suffered from this twice now in quick succession. All of Microsoft fixes didn't help.

Try THIS:

Run your battery completely flat. The way I did this was:
?to turn the power settings to never sleep when on battery,
?just leave it on until it drains,
?once it shuts down you will find when trying to power it up the screen still comes on and shows you the empty battery symbol - clearly their is still some power left in the battery for it to do this.
?So keep repeatedly push the power button to keep draining the battery until the empty battery symbol does not even show.

Then charge up your surface 2, power up and see if it fixes the touchscreen. It has worked twice for me now.

magnethead52

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
l was just wondering if there is anything new on the horizon concerning the non-functioning touch screen. I really liked my unit and am sad to see it almost become a brick. Tried all of the recovers listed in this thread and nothing has worked, not even for a second.

frimar21

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Today, after an unwanted reboot... The touch screen stopped to respond... Ok, I can see I'm in a huge family... At this stage, do we have any possibility that MS will really work on a fix?

pierreeliot

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Good news! One hour and 75 installed updates later - my touchscreen did start working. I'd tried all the solutions above (draining the battery, using MS word) to no avail. I ended up taking it to the Microsoft store (where I always find that the service is always great - though I recommend bringing something to entertain you while you watch your computer work slowly and painfully.) The first thing that the tech person did was to check that I had registered my computer in the right country. Apparently, that's important (I'm in Canada and just hurriedly chose US when resetting my Surface). And then we checked for updates and sat there for awhile. But lo and behold, the touchscreen was back to working order afterwards. Good luck, everyone!

Pl4ub

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Guys need help , touch not working at all on my surface 2

lol. Finally? Charging my battery now to check this update. Been doing that drain the battery thing the past maybe two months. First few times it worked, but not the past few months.

mjh99

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
At Last! Having originally tried reseting, reloading,deleting ,draining,disabling calls to MS etc we gave up on our Surface and just used the keyboard. Happened to see this site again and though I check to see if MS had bothered to address the problem. Tried the Word tip again, nothing, went Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>HID Compliant Touchscreen, Rightclick, and found Driver disabled, re-enabled and Bingo touchscreen working again! I can only conclude that it had already loaded the fix update ,but still left the driver disabled until I manually enabled it today.

melaniecos

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
You are lucky !
I trusted the technical support and sent it back...and now I don't know what to do...I will surely trashed it and never buy another microsoft product.

I had the same problem with my surface andthe technical support asked me to send it back. And then the technical support broke the screen, sent it back to me and changed my warranty "expire in january 1900" and now they don't care about anything, they told me that it's not under warranty anymore. And they want me to pay for the repair...
I have pictures from before and after and they cover themself...

Best regards.

retillman

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I updated my Surface 2 yesterday and then the screen did not respond to touch. Drained the battery and presto the screen is back to normal. This product is pretty disappointing :(

brileyjean2012

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site

Guys since yesterday the touch screen is not working at all on my surface 2 , it gets powered on , the keyboard on the type cover works , everything else works just the screen has stopped registering any kind of touch input ,
Problem is iam from India and had bought the tablet from Hong Kong so I can't replace or show it to any Microsoft store .
Has any one faced the same issue ? If yes what was the remedy ? . Or can anyone please help me to resolve this issue I will be really grateful .
I have been happy with this device so far , but this sudden issue has made the tablet half useable .

I have already shut down the tablet and started again even restarted it couple of times yet the problem remains the same .
Will making the tablet go on factory settings help ? :cry:
I will seriously from the bottom of my heart appreciate any help , guidance offered to resolve my issue .

brileyjean2012

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
So my touch screen stopped working too did all the tricks listed did not work.Then I went into settings and turned off the touchpad for cover did a manual shutdown, when I turned back on touch is NOW WORKING.

steff2117

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

I went on this site and the way that worked for me was letting it run out of battery including pressing it when it had a empty battery sign to make sure there was no power what so ever. Then I charged it without having the keyboard attached and having it switched off. Then I switched it on when it had full battery still with no keyboard attached and the touch screen works properly now.

RogerHer

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I have also tried reloading the surface OS, restarting the surface, and modifying the touchscreen settings but to no avail. I ended up powering down and unplug the surface and wait a couple of days for a complete discharge of the batteries. When I powered up the surface it started working. :amaze:

VinceCL72

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

The screen isn't broken, the software is broken. With my machine every other update breaks the touch and the next update fixes it. Microsoft claims it is a hardware failure and wants $150 to fix it. No way! They have a bad driver in there that they can't seem to fix permanently. This will be the last MS computer I own. They just can't seem to get it right.

jayemmbee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Its a driver issue, I went to the Microsoft store in Toronto and they checked my drivers and my touch driver wasn't installed. And I'm out of warranty too. They tried to factory reset it hoping it would work but it didn't. But a few weeks later it worked again so I taken to not turning it off because I don't wanna jinx it but its habit that it will stop working and the revive itself. theres an update but I don't wanna install it . an install broke it, then an install fixed it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs