Paint chipping off surface 2

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just a FYI. There seems to be a "painted" / "plated" layer on the surface 2. I took it on my hiking trip last month and my backpack wasn't as waterproof as I expected. The water soaked in and got on the surface...entered the ports etc. It didn't turn on at all until it dried. But, what was fascinating was the back. I never saw this in any other device.

15945657911_4f81da2aca_b.jpg

The paint basically "came off" like a layer as chips off the tablet. It showed even a wrinkle pattern when it was still wet. you can literally peel off the paint.

Anyways... I got extended warranty expecting something like this from my trip. :sweaty: :devil: So, I tried to explain to the support people that PAINT is not supposed to chip off of the tablet. That is a manufacturing/design flaw. They didn't comprehend me, so I didn't bother trying any more, just paid the $49 + tax for a replacement and here it is:

15760126988_6252c21f7a_c.jpg

15945594891_689138693d_b.jpg

So yeah...bottom line..be careful about water on the surface of your surface. :p eh eh. ;) :excited:

Either way, reconsidering if I should just sell it. The apps are definitely lacking and I would prefer having a more functional tablet. I guess lesson learnt, don't go RT if you can go full windows.

cheers

V

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I must say though...there is a reason why apple stuff is preferred. Trying to setup the new surface 2 and it came with 8.1...but with still skydrive installed. It is now stuck on an 8.1 update ..last one I think and again..still skydive and no way to change to one drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss