Why isn't my Windows Update loading?

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Windows Update not loading

Replaced my surface rt with a 2 and all working well. Last night I did a further batch of Windows updates and all loaded ok and restarted without issues.

However the "Windows Update" in update and recovery section on the PC settings area no longer loads, instead I get the endless circulating wheel. All other items are fine and tablet working well. I have tried a restart but no change.
Any advice?
Thank you.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows Update not loading

The endless circulating wheel is not necessarily endless. The past few update cycles have seen Windows Update search for quite awhile after installing updates before responding. If, however, you want to reset Windows Update, type troubleshooting in the search bar, select it, and then choose Find and Fix Problems with Windows Update. Choose advanced and make sure it is set to run as administrator and make changes automatically and then run it. That will fix most problems and resets the reference cache.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Update not loading

Thank you stephen_az The wheel was circulating for a couple of hours with no joy so I followed your advice and downloaded the troubleshooter which fixed three items. However the update was still not working.

I tried a different approach and opened the control panel on the desktop and searched for updates which worked immediately and found 3 updates, which I installed.

After a re-start the metro update started working and found a further 3 updates which are installing as I type.

Thanks for your help.

John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3