Surface 2 replacement

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I realise that this question is not answerable but what happens now if my Surface 2 which I have just bought breaks and needs to be replaced? The warranty is 1 year so how will Microsoft replace like for like if they have no stock of Surface 2's.

I have to say that I am surprised by this decision to cease making the Surface 1 and 2 RT based tablets. I have had both a 1 and a 2 and I think they are fantastic pieces of hardware for the price. Will Microsoft replace them with anything? Perhaps they are working on something which we don't know about but it's unlikely as I think they are pushing their Nokia phones which in some cases are just as powerful as the Surface 1 and Surface 2. I have a Nokia 735 which is a little less powerful than the Surface 2 I would say.

Nevica

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
They'll probably keep a small stock or a stock of refurbished units to replace yours if necessary. Otherwise they'll probably keep spare parts for the Surface 2 for a period of time.

You won't get a full replacement of the Surface 2 after the one year warranty.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Probably depends where you are (for both the available options and the legal stuff in relation to consumer law).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro