netflix and Miracast

bclasen1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
So, I am having an issue with my surface 2 and Netflix. Netflix plays fine on the surface 2 perfectly, and on my TV via hdmi cord perfectly. However, whenever I try to play wirelessly, I get an error which tells me something is preventing me from playing protected content.
Any ideas on how to fix this

Hardware: Surface 2, Belkin Maracas adapter
Software: Surface 2 fully updated, Netflix app fully updated
Error: W8156-C00D7159
Tried: Already attempted to solve this via Q & A, but with no result. Netflix forums of no help.

bclasen1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
No go. The regedit rabbit hole got me no where. And since when is starting a new thread in a forum dedicated to surface 2 regarding an issue with my surface 2 considered hijacking? I appreciate the link, but maybe work on your delivery.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
No go. The regedit rabbit hole got me no where. And since when is starting a new thread in a forum dedicated to surface 2 regarding an issue with my surface 2 considered hijacking? I appreciate the link, but maybe work on your delivery.

Netflix has something in the app, and the webpage that recognizes it's about to be shared. Has to be something regarding DRM. I've got the Actiontec Screenbeam Mini2 Miracast dongle coming from Amazon Tuesday. I'll let you know how my Win8.1 2in1, my Lumia 630 and this Android tab I've got coming work with it. I've got high hopes for this one. I'm thinking that if I configure it to just be a wireless display, then could just project/extend the display. If it needs to be configured as its own device then that'll suck. I'll keep you posted.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Adapter and the Surface 2. Netflix works fine. I'm also using the Netflix app rather than the web browser.

Also works with my Surface Pro 2 as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism