It's September, where's our update?

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for that big Surface RT update to come down....

Also, anyone else notice that half the icons in the Windows Store no longer have a picture? What is going on there? Mine just shows a color box on half the apps instead of the icon for that app.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding it too difficult to turn my head and look at my desk calendar. You'll have to remind me, how many days are there in September and what day are we on now....?

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow, and your a moderator? My post was tongue in cheek to begin with but your reply was simply being a ....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No news yet unfortunately, and it is the 3rd, where I am at least.

you'll have to turn that head of yours see how many days unfortunately.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the 3rd is a tad hasty to be complaining.. I'm just as eager as anyone (yes,all 50 of us..) but hold tight. CANT WAIT FOR W10 ON IT! /s

I'm also seeing the non rendering of the store icons on RT.. hmm... Hey, at least I don't have to see a promising icon before installing and then removing another typically crummy RT app... so its not all bad.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I for one am delighted that my Surface 2 will not be receiving the full Windows 10 update. Win10 is a big step backward for Windows tablet experience. I have it on my Acer Aspire Switch 11 and it is very nice when using it in desktop mode, but as a tablet...blecch.

anon(8195883)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for that big Surface RT update to come down....

Also, anyone else notice that half the icons in the Windows Store no longer have a picture? What is going on there? Mine just shows a color box on half the apps instead of the icon for that app.

Yes! I have noticed the icons missing as well, I posted over at answers.microsoft.com a while back and no one ever responded, I thought it was just me! I think they are making changes to the store for the new update coming out and broke things on the server side....but who knows.My guess is the update will most likely it will be at the end of September, if at all this month.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Who cares when it is. The update is a bad joke just. To pretend they not abandon a platform that fast. But that is not new and MS did that in the past too. Not reliable partner for future proof investments in hardware.
But who is so keen about a new cr*ppy startmenu is welcome to wait for the update.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Just updated mine! Wow!!! What a joke! I have a circular picture now. That took till the middle of September to come out with. And, no, my windows store icons are still missed up as well.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So dat update... *crickets* :grincry: well, personally I'm glad it hadn't removed any functionality- and still works the way it always did.. So I'm relieved. Its just the way its always been.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
You can go into the Start menu properties and change it to the Windows 10 style start menu but even then it is not the same. It is a version from an early beta of 10. I tried it for 5 minutes and then went back to the old version. Not much else changed except for the circular user picture. They have even left the Windows 8.1.store broken in that it doesn't always show the app's icon. Half just show a color box. Microsoft has basically stopped any more development/updates for this device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05