Microsoft Complete (service plan) for Surface 3

ValentinG

May 12, 2015
Visit site
After digging up and reached out to Microsoft, I finally found the price for Microsoft Complete (1y service plan) for Surface 3: $99.
It's $50 cheaper than the plan for Surface 3 Pro, would you purchase it?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It's actually 2 years, not 1 year, and I purchased it when I bought my Surface 3. I had a couple support calls with Microsoft when I had my Surface 2, so for my Surface 3 it was a no brainer. If you're planning on being mobile with your Surface the accidental damage protection alone is worth it.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
After digging up and reached out to Microsoft, I finally found the price for Microsoft Complete (1y service plan) for Surface 3: $99.
It's $50 cheaper than the plan for Surface 3 Pro, would you purchase it?

When buying anything from Microsoft above $100, ALWAYS buy Microsoft Complete. Sure you pay 10% more, but that 10% is like a safety net for 1-2 years. It's also not problematic as you just state the problem and most of the time Microsoft will change your stuff to a new one without any hassle.

It's better to be safe than sorry. Imagine buying your Surface 3, and in the 1st year the touch screen stopped responding. Now you need to pay $200 extra to get it fixed, while you could've payed $100 to get it replaced instantly. Happened to me and my Surface 2 :(

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I normally don't buy extended warranties on things, but I did on my SP3 (haven't had to use it, thank goodness) and also on the S3. I'll be hauling the S3 around and you never know when something bad will happen. The accidental damage protection is just peace of mind for me.

lookingforward

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I live at least 3 hours away from a Microsoft Store. I bought my Surface 3 from Costco. Is it true that I need to bring my S3 to a Microsoft Store to buy the Complete plan and then take it there again if I need my S3 replaced?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I live at least 3 hours away from a Microsoft Store. I bought my Surface 3 from Costco. Is it true that I need to bring my S3 to a Microsoft Store to buy the Complete plan and then take it there again if I need my S3 replaced?

Shouldn't think so on both counts. You can buy the warranty from the online Microsoft Store then register it on the Surface site. Then for repairs the same site is where you arrange any service or replacement..

wookiee2cu

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site

I ordered my Pro 3 from Microsoft and it was shipped to me, I purchased Complete online without any issues. I think the only catch is you have to purchase it within so many days of purchasing the Surface.

ValentinG

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Correct, anybody can purchase Microsoft Complete from the Microsoft site.
Then if you have an issue, you can either bring it back to a store, and ask for a replacement to be shipped to you and then you will ship back yours in the same package (and shipping is prepaid).

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
My local Sam's Club has a solid deal (4GB, Type Cover, pen) for $699. Would I be able to get the service plan from Microsoft if I got it from Sam's?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans