Surface 3 Freezing

marano

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with their Surface 3 periodically freezing? This seems to happen to me one or two times per week when coming out of sleep mode or when in OneNote (which I used the majority of the time) the entire tablet just becomes unresponsive (the Windows button, pen, or swipes do not work - I usually do not have the keyboard connected). This was also happening during the first week of use when no additional applications besides the ones loaded at the factory were installed. A hard boot is needed to bring the tablet back to life.

crackd11

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Had the surface 3 (2 gig version) for 5 days and it's frozen twice. Once just went into a blank screen. The other time I was using flipboard and it became unresponsive. Had to do a hard reboot for both.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Most likely the cpu & e-mmc (disks) were busy gossiping over the window neglecting the gpu sitting behind them. Or cpu busy talking over the phone or radio. Or cpu is hungry not having breakfast yet. Had same issue in win phone.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this time to time. It does same on Windows 10. I can still press the hardware Windows button and it would vibrate. Nothing else works.

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Had the surface 3 (2 gig version) for 5 days and it's frozen twice. Once just went into a blank screen. The other time I was using flipboard and it became unresponsive. Had to do a hard reboot for both.

Was that for the trackpad too? I've seen the digitizer become unresponsive and require a reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett