Metro IE is slow to load pages and sometimes has a glitchy touch keyboard

lookingforward

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you have experienced similar frustrations. I love the Surface 3 except for the lag I am experiencing in Metro IE. When I click on a link or click on the back button, I am almost always left staring at the five moving dots at the bottom of the page far longer than I would like. The loading times are much longer than if I use desktop IE. I also have noticeable keyboard lag if I try typing forum posts in Metro IE vs Desktop IE. I also notice the keyboard lag occasionally in Metro Outlook. Anyone else find Metro IE slow to load content? I also don't like how the page remains grayed out and unusable until all of the content loads.

A new problem surfaced today (yes, pun intended). As I was typing in "Surface" in the search bar of this forum with the touch keyboard, I noticed that the letter "U" was not registering even though my thumb was directly over the U. Instead, it was registering either as the "I", the "Y", or the "J". I switched over to desktop IE and the U worked fine. I also tried Metro Outlook without problem. I restarted the S3 and the problem was gone. I could type fine in Metro IE. But later in the day, the problem emerged again...once more, only in Metro IE. Is this crazy or what?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans