Student discount for Surface book?

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping like with my preorder of my surface pro 3 that there would be the 10% student discount. But I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone else get it to work or did Microsoft nix this for this particular product?

Tomer Elias

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to try the same thing. When I chatted with a rep from the Microsoft store they said the discount doesn't apply to preorders and I should wait for the device to fully be released.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Seems like waiting for a student deal would be the best way for this device. 10% is nothing to scoff at. 150-300 bucks off is like gold to me.

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
They told me the same thing. Guy still tried to get me to buy it because it might be sold out after the initial run. He sounded like he thought I was crazy when I said I'd wait to save 10%!

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
They told me the same thing. Guy still tried to get me to buy it because it might be sold out after the initial run. He sounded like he thought I was crazy when I said I'd wait to save 10%!

Well from what I've heard, they have A LOT more pre-orders than any Surface line ever! It's understandable cause there's nothing quite like it. It's there job to try to get you to pre-order it anyways.

Just don't be surprised if it is limited quantities and hard to get. If you can accept that then heck yea wait for that 10%

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Well from what I've heard, they have A LOT more pre-orders than any Surface line ever! It's understandable cause there's nothing quite like it. It's there job to try to get you to pre-order it anyways.

Just don't be surprised if it is limited quantities and hard to get. If you can accept that then heck yea wait for that 10%
Oh I can wait - that 10% is huge for me.

aalupatti

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
The education discount for surface book has not opened for the Canadian store..
Any ways, it looks like some of the higher end one are already out of stock

Codeworks

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if there will be anyway for those of us that pre-ordered to get the $ back from the student discount. If not, I would even consider returning and repurchasing! I am assuming they will take care of that for me. Thats $189 off!

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there will be anyway for those of us that pre-ordered to get the $ back from the student discount. If not, I would even consider returning and repurchasing! I am assuming they will take care of that for me. Thats $189 off!

I think they can do that in exactly the way you mention. After you receive it, call sales or go to a store and have them process as a return and repurchase with the discount. I'm basing this on an online chat I had concerning my pre-order, because I noticed after placing it that there is a military discount that extends to immediate family members, that will save me $269 off of my Surface Book order. They told me it is impossible to attach the discount to an order already in process, but it could be done through s return/purchase after receiving it.

Codeworks

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I received my Surface Book (and love it); however, I called MS to see if they can do anything to give me the student discount and they said there is no way to do this without returning the one I have and ordering a new one! I do not understand why they would rather me return a used Surface book and order a new one rather than just give me the $189 off of the one I already have!

Disappointed.

Let me know if you have any other experiences.

Thanks.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, I received my Surface Book (and love it); however, I called MS to see if they can do anything to give me the student discount and they said there is no way to do this without returning the one I have and ordering a new one! I do not understand why they would rather me return a used Surface book and order a new one rather than just give me the $189 off of the one I already have!

Disappointed.

Let me know if you have any other experiences.

Thanks.

Disappointed why? Get it sent back, get a nice shiny new one and 189 bucks back!

I'm pre-ordering mine this weekend, ships on 18 Feb in the UK and we're ripped off enough as it is - the cheapest version is ?1299 in the UK, approximately $1850, so if I can get anything off I'm going for it.

If not (UK buyers) you can get 5% cashback via Quidco.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3